Sign in to follow this  
balboa

clutch feels sticky ???

hi peeps.....the cluth on me mk2 vr6 feels sticky, as in when u let the clutch up its not smooth feels like its sticking (hope that makes sense).....any one know what could be wrong...thanks in advance !!

Could also be the clutch release mechanism. They tend to get very heavy with age.

Bleed the clutch reservoir through. Fresh fluid can help there. If it is the clutch itself, there's not much you can do there but replace it ..

Apart from G60 and Rallye Golfs, nope, but retro fitted VR6s have to have the pedal box and hyrdaulics fitted, so in this case it is hydraulic :-)

I wonder if the clutch pedal is catching on a bit of trim?

mine does this when its cold. doesnt stay down but is lethargic coming back up. but mines on 140k now so it could be all of the above mentioned things!

it gets better when the car warms up though.

cheers for replies guys.....nah its def sticking rather then catchin on a bit of trim....the clutch is only about 18 months old....the above mentioned possible faults, are we yalking about alot of money to get it sorted, i hope not....??? thanks

That’s why I never do an 02A conversion using the Seat Toledo 1/Passat type 35 LHD cable system, its pants and that’s why VW dropped it on the LHD Passat in 1990. Seat continued to use it because it was cheaper. People carrying out conversions do it this way for the same reason as correctly converting to hydraulic operation is quite a lot of work and a pain with the engine in.

just spoke to my mate who did the conversion and the clutch cable being used is from a seat ibiza cupra gti 16v...so im guessing i gots to get me sen to a seat dealership to order new clutch cable...what are my other options ???,,,,,cheers lads much appreciate the asdvice.....