Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Corrado week of hell

Just got home and my car is really starting to test me.

Start of the week a stone him my front fog light and cracked it :mad:

Then the rear wheel bearing went :mad:

Then the water flange on the side of the engine went and the bolt that holds it in snapped :mad:

Then the alarm stopped working and now wont unlock :mad:

Then the heater control (hot and cold) snapped :mad:

Then the exhuast back box started to blow :mad:

Then the centre pipe on the exhuast snapped in 2 :cry:

Then somthing gave way in the backrest of the seat so it digs in your back (hapened a couple of weeks ago) :mad:

Then to finish it off i got a flat tyre on the way home at tonight :mad:

I don't know how muh more i can take before i sell it :cry:

Anyone else ever get the feeling their car hates them, it was running fine last week, not a worry in the world.

Anyone else have an unlucky week with their car?

Fog light £50

Wheel bearing £30

Alarm £????

Heater controls £20

Seat £??? any idea

Exhuast 2 parts £350 and 3 week wait grrr

flat tyre £50

water flange £6 + tap and die set £16 plus a couple more grey hairs

just want to :cry:

Beavisjem

No luck with a warranty claim then chris ? A aftermarket exhaust shouldn't of rusted through this quickly.

hi Darren

Did manage to get a warranty claim on the mid section of the exhaust. :)

Just got to wait a while for supersprint to get it in.

Looks like i'll just put the supersprint stuff back on, its a sound i like and know.

cheers

Beavisjem

Yeah fecked off with my motor atm too but my problems pail in comparison to what you're going through mate! What a laundry list of grief! :|

Yeah fecked off with my motor atm too

What's up with yours at the moment? Still no joy with idling?

Tempest

lol i don't mind, might take my mind off my car

Went to get me a new tyre after the flat and had to buy 2 new ones.

When he inflated the flat tyre it had a large bulge in the tyre wall :(

And while cheking the other front he noticed it was very low on tread

Only have the money for some elcheapo tyres. so i got a couple of Kings ( :oops: ) 205/40/17 at £35 a peice. And a local heads up for Havers tyres. Best inderpendant tyre fitter in Norwich.

Beavisjem

"looks at wallet shakes head" then "looks at carrado, nodds head"

I know your pain.... still not got my Corrado running... still not even worked out 100% WTF is wrong with it... :(

I know how you feel Henny, nothing worse than havinig a problem with your car and not knowing whats wrong. At least i know what i have to fix to get it running well.

Good liuck getting yours running

Beavisjem

bloody hell guys i WAS looking forward to getting mine back from the paint shop!! sell them guys get a mk1 golf! every job ive done on mine has gone exactly to plan and taken half the time i expected ahh simple mechanics ya can't beat it!!

My car seems to be hitting me with an endless barage of s**t ATM, i know how you feel.

Spent load of cash on it lately aswell, you'd think the fecking thing would be greatfull

my Rado started bitching at me before so i ripped its heart out and chucked it replacing it with a new one. Think it knew the score after that and has been moderatly behaving since.

i Know Campbell0240's has given him grief at times resulting in a few dings in the wing courtesy of his fist. :)

sell them guys get a mk1 golf! every job ive done on mine has gone exactly to plan and taken half the time i expected ahh simple mechanics ya can't beat it!!

You're preaching to the already converted here, well, converted is the wrong word. I had my 2 Roccos prior to getting a Rado, which has proven not only to be steep learning curve, but also a very frustrating one. That's why I keep on raving about the simplicity of my 2 Roccos. Wanna get a job done on them? No problem ! Wanna get a job done on a Rado? Erm, right, good luck! Move back 10 steps before you move forward 1 tiny step :lol:

Oh well, just waiting for my C to develop the next fault :roll:

Tempest

I've had a MKI Golf for the last 12 years..... admittedly it's been stood in roughly the same place for the last 8 of them and it's been stripped to a bare shell, but I'd agree that they are a piece of Pee to work on.... 8)

Still not quite as much fun as my G60 though, even with the 16V engine that I dropped into it... ;)

no its a different kettle of fish i miss the brutal power of my lysholm but its fun hustling along not slowing down for corners.

:cry:

My clifford alarm has now just given up on me, couldn;t disarm the alarm in the middle of a busy underground carpark. Not amusing when everyone thinks you've just broken into your own car and you realise the siren is really loud in an underground carpark. Took alot of swearing and about 2 mins of the alarm going off for me to stop it. Drove off looking a little red faced.

When is it going to end

Beavisjem

But did any of these people who thought you'd broken in to the car actually confront you or get a security guard?? I would think not, might be wrong though

lol no one aproched me, i sat in the drivers seat trying to pull the fuse out or the alarm to reset it so the fob would work (doesn;t deactivate when you pull the fuse) so i did look like i was hot wiring it. Under the dash and all. lol

But i am 6'1" with long hair and swearing alot so they probably just left me alone :)

Pulled into my driveway last night and the rad fan sounded perticualy unhealthy.

Like grinding bearings

There goes more money :(

How much is a new rad fan and is it a pig of a job?

Not fair

if its any consolation im having a bad time of it with the G at the mo think i may have found the problem thou so i hope you get yours sorted mate

get a new fan from g-werks or the like will be cheaper than from the stealers and most probablly alot more effective also will be more slimline so give you a bit more room as a job i wouldnt of thought it would be too hard