Sign in to follow this  
andycowuk

How fast is a fast car?

I was just driving back from somewhere, when I spotted a Ferrari 360. I am not sure the exact derivitive. I heard the guy boot it, it was a great sound :) .

I keep on going and come up to a red light - beside the Ferrari. I saw the guy sitting in his car looking down his nose at me, but I couldn't really give a stuff - after all he drives a £100, 000 fiat. :lol:

I wondered to myself - how much slower is the golf than a 'fast car' so I give the throttle a blip - mr fiat shreeks back at me!

The lights changed, i dropped the clutch, and so did he - off the line he was faster, and got about a car lenght ahead, but in second and up to 80 in 3rd, he didnt really pull away much - he certainly didn't make an a*** of me like I expected! How?

The golf is a 16v with a ABF tall block from a MK3, KR cams KR gearbox, and Magnex manifold and Exhaust.

I woul love to have seen the guy face when his mirror was stuffed full of golf (with a really rusty bonnet :oops: ). Ponce.

Hi,

I really dont think he was trying dood- he has 400bhp under hi bonnet- Not really alot would keep up with that if he gave the loud pedal a boot full!!! :p

would you hammer you 100,000,00000,000000000 pride and joy. think it would be a 30mph machine for me and hammer the C.

takes big bollocks to hit the limiter in 100k i expect.

On vw vid's website, an Audi RS4 annihilates a Ferrari 360 but then 400+ hp and 4WD would :lol:

High revving Ferraris like the 360 break quite easily when thrased off the line (the clutch is usually the first item to bite the bullet) and the paddle shift is not the best in terms of smoothness and usability in urban areas.

He was probably trying to spare himself an embarrasing break down!

Kev

I just dont understand why he would go up to 90+ in a 30 if he wasn't trying? Although I really dont see how the golf could even come a close second!

I'm confused.

Golfs are not the fastest things about, that's why we all have Corrados, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Generally a vr6 golf is always slower than a vr6 Corrado!

The guy next door to me has a Ferrari Modena and it sounds amazing but goes even better however they are the most impressive at 30mph as that's when you get the apreciative glances!

Chris

I just dont understand why he would go up to 90+ in a 30 if he wasn't trying? Although I really dont see how the golf could even come a close second!

I'm confused.

he was probably just staying a bit ahead of you without letting you pass... thats what i always do to piss people off :lol:

Up to about 80 there wouldn't be a massive difference as you found. The thing about the 360 is it will keep accelerating from 80 seriously quickly compared with you - who will start to flatten out. Not really a case of him not putting his foot down so not to show you up as much as he doesn't want to loose his licience for ever and ever!!!

Thanks what I think

Smudge

I woul love to have seen the guy face when his mirror was stuffed full of golf (with a really rusty bonnet ). Ponce.

PMSL !!!! :lol: :lol:

Golfs are not the fastest things about, that's why we all have Corrados

lol

somehow i dont believe that. Golfs are faster than Corrados anyway, they are smaller and yet have the same engine in them. Agreed ?

Rob, ...Chris VR6nos, is on about the golf vr6 being slower than the corrado vr6 as you know have different engines :D :D

Surely everyone's figured it out by now: "My car" is always faster than "your car". No matter who I am, who you are, or what we drive. That's just the way of things... ;)

I once saw a turbo nova completly destroy a 3555 spider on the dual carraige way just coming out of the road works and the ferrari floored it to pass him, lol the nova was gone leaving the ponce with no hope in hell of keeping up.

Still 300bhp in a tiny little rust bucket, not much can keep up.