Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

don't laugh!!!

right i got the chance of gettin another car cheap............................a seirra 2.9 4x4 :lol: i'm only interested in buyin so i can just sell on an make some money,probs bang it on ebay,does anyone know anythin about these cars are they actually any good?

i was a proud owner of a 1990 XR 4x4 2.9 , what a car , i changed the heads to ofenhauser race heads put green chip injectors in complete janspeed system on and had 342 bhp on the rolling road at turbo technics , what a car , only problem was i put it on its roof on a wet night oooops ,buy it and have a laugh at one of Daggenhams finest :D

tbh you'd have to be getting it for next to nothing to punt on at a decent profit...........good cars tho........I used to have a 3dr XR4i 15yrs ago

well thats a good next-to-nothing figure :D .............best thing to do is use it as a winter hack.......then sell it on come springtime

I have a 2.9 engine in my Anglia, They're a nice strong motor and can shift if you want them to. Have a look at the cylinder heads, if they have the letter K cast into them it's an ex police car (unless they've been changed). The 2.8 manifold will fit so you can use a 38dgas/40 downdraught carb. I had to scrap all the 2.9 ignition when the carb went on and now run a 2.8 dizzy with a modified bottom to suit the gear on the 2.9 cam. All the covers on the engine are alloy and polish up real nice.

000_0410.JPG

One of my mates used to have one. He loved it, it was rapid and stuck to the road like a really sticky thing. I cant remember him ever having any problems with it either.

- Ross

Rear diff and shafts are worth £100+ to the kit car boys. I bought a whole one, just for the diff as all the XR's had LSD's.

all XR4x4's did..............most XR4i's didn't :(