Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

VARIOUS G60 VIDS !!

my g60 doing 160 mph on autobahn prob speedo out lads but never mind here you go!

Think your speedo is out fella - unless you've done serious work to the Gearbox as the ratios won't let it do more than 140mph IIRC!

it might be out but it cant be 20mph out sam

will an increase in power not allow this extra speed!

also on stealth rollers she done 127mph in 4th so it cant be that far out unless vinces rollers are wrong? as ive changed from 4th to 5th at 125 before just before redline

it might be out but it cant be 20mph out sam

will an increase in power not allow this extra speed!

An increase in power wouldn't allow the extra speed as it is not limited by power but purely by the ratios in the gearbox that will only let it spin so fast!

I may be wrong about the 140mph top end but I'm pretty sure its right!

It's one of the reasons I am after a custom Quaiffe box at some point!!!

UPDATED: Even the tech specs of the G60 in the knowledge base quote top speed of 137mph!!!

Yep - I had a GPS measured 150.0 - I assume this is fairly accurate... the speedo at the time was reading 158mph and i was absolutly cacking myself keeping the full beams on to see with traffic coming towards me from the other way!

lol good stuff supercharged! yeah that would be good sam i think it was bigger_big_ben said about the tdi both can we use that bpoth he said with those ratios 214 can be achieved!

when i last had mine at those sorta speeds i was at 160 and if it not been for my lack of bottle it would have carried on well into 165... it would also depend where the rev limiter is set in the engine map having a slightly higher rev limit would increase top end speed...

I know its prob more like 145 - 150 in reality... but that still bloody good for a 15 year old car!

I don't think the book speed is 137mph is it??? a good 16v GTi will do that...

I'd say a tuned G60 has slightly more top end potential than a VR...

it would also depend where the rev limiter is set in the engine map having a slightly higher rev limit would increase top end speed.

That is also true but only for those that have had a full remap like mike_g60 and myself - Mine also now revs to 7000K if I wanted it to - but for the sake of the charger I try to avoid it - Thats self detination rev speed for the charger!!

Also I have the final drive of a VR6 in mine along with the 1st and 2nd. But I've yet to take it to that sort of speed. Maybe if I go to Nurburg next year and had a jaunt down the Autobahn but still not sure if I would feel comfortable attempting 140+ mph in such an old car with so little safety features!!!

Dead Man Speeds in a modern car never mind one that is 15 years old!!

did you find alot of difference when you changed the gearing sam! would be interesting to see what yours would do with that box!

also i wont be going that fast again but it was stable at that speed and felt comfortable doing it as i know i wouldnt of wanted to do that in my old mk2 and even the mk4 goof i had felt worse than the C over 115

dr mat wont be doing that speed again in a hurry just a test thing i dont get roads like that on the island! lol

If you did and had a bit of a ramp, you might be able to clear the Solent! Save on the ferry charges....

At those sort of speeds, speedo is approx. 10 % out so in reality you were probably doing 145-ish mph, book top speed is apparently 140 mph, so upping the rev limit will give you a few more MPH etc.

Not sure I would be comfortable doing 140+mph in my own rado, faster I have been, on a private road of course, is about 125 mph.