Sign in to follow this  
JMC

How rude.....

Just been on the phone with Thinkauto (make Mocal oil coolers) as I was wanting a fan system to cool it when the car is stationary. Gave them the details of my fan and asked what they had that was suitable and got the response "no we don't make anything for that size cooler".

I was expecting them to elaborate, but nothing, and when I asked "OK, can you recommend somethign I can use?", all I got was "no, goodbye", and they put the phone down.

How rude is that??? Anyway rant over, just couldn't believe it.

ThinkAuto are useless. They don't even get the cooler kits right half the time either.

You don't need a fan any way, it's over kill imo. if it's mounted in front of the radiator, the rad fan will also cool the mocal when it kicks in.

Further, I'd like to add that I have had no end of grief with English companies. They're f'in useless. No wonder people prefer to import these days with attitudes like that.

Compomotive rims x 2 - Shoddy finish, poor service, slow.

AP Racing - Arrogant, unhelpful and VERY slow.

Team Dynamics - Made me the wrong wheels initially. Sent the correct ones but nuts instead of bolts. Sent bolts, but were 12mm not 14mm....all over the course of 5 weeks.

It's shocking, it really is.

kevHaywire, interesting u say that about Team Dynamics - my boss had the exactly same problems with them.

We should setup a forum PLC and do everything ourselves (including a 50% markup if you drive a rice burner :D :lol:)

ThinkAuto are useless. They don't even get the cooler kits right half the time either.

You don't need a fan any way, it's over kill imo. if it's mounted in front of the radiator, the rad fan will also cool the mocal when it kicks in.

Useless, yep, that about sums it up. Unfortunately the oil cooler is down in the wheel arch where the old intercooler was, so I was wanting to add a small fan, just for when it's stuck in traffic on the motorway, as I hate the way the temp just creeps up and up....

Useless, yep, that about sums it up. Unfortunately the oil cooler is down in the wheel arch where the old intercooler was, so I was wanting to add a small fan, just for when it's stuck in traffic on the motorway, as I hate the way the temp just creeps up and up....

Exactly the same place as mine mate. It is a pain in the aerosol when trying to get across london at 8 in the morning!

Yeah, again i've had dealings with Think Auto and they are terrible, I knew exactly what I wanted and went thru it and ordered it for the G60 and they still sent me VR6 bits, sorted eventually tho...

I spoke to a guy called Mas I think who was fairly helpful

Funny thing is I have a catalogue down in the garage and i'm sure they do fans....

Kev - I actually called in at AP over the weekend and all I can say is it's worth a trip just to see there receptionist... :wink: very nice pair of front bells!

took my car to a paint shop in carnoustie - they did the paint work to the areas requested fine. However, the car was badly polished, washer jet heating harnesses broken, one of the bonnet catches wobbling around not holding the bonnet down, interior and engine bay covered in a fine layer of dust and the rear bumper had a 20p size of paint lifted from something being dropped on it. When i gave off to the guys - one started laughing and the other said 'i dunno, it wasnt us who worked on it'. WTF!!!!

I don't understand how some companies remain in business. Negative accounts from previous customers spread like wild fire.... F@£$%^& muppets is all i can say.

Kev - I actually called in at AP over the weekend and all I can say is it's worth a trip just to see there receptionist... very nice pair of front bells!

PMSL

I have found that Venum are actually quite helpful tbh and the best company i have ever dealt with are VAGPARTS in Swindon. They go out of there way to help, and even let me drop in, bearing in mind they are just a warehouse full of boxes and they made me a cup of tea!!

Unfortunately, most of the rest su.k as. as mentioned, and yes this country is not going down the pan, its already half way into the channel.

Everyone ive bought off in germany has been fab, and VF engineering have been awsome on email, sending me back pages of explinations on stuff :-)

Trouble is over here we are so used to it we actually expect poor service now and just bend over and say thanks :-(

Trust me it's not all glowing in Germany..... got a courier to ship my Borbets and it took them 4 weeks to fine the delivery address. I wouldn't mind if it was some back alley, but they claimed no-one was in when they went to deliver. they shutup when i told them the delivery address was a petrol station that's open 6am till 9pm ;)

I actually called ThinkAuto recently to ask about a TÜV for a Mocal 13bar... they were very helpful to me and even got me a number of there distributor in Germany.

Got to agree that ordering anything from overseas is a much more pleasent experience than from the UK.

Howver, most of the overseas companies are still run by enthusiasts whereas here they are mostly businesses and as such you loose the level of knowledge about the products.

I am not saying that being a f**k wit is good business practice of course.. :)

a lot of companies here just have folks who have been trained for the job on the phones - so you have to know exactly what youre after a lot of the time. its to be expected of course - but speaking to someone who really knows their stuff does wonders for installing confidence in the customer.

LOL @ you Supercharged :lol: Actually, AP does have a very helpful chap there, by the name of Kev as it happens :lol:

Anyway, yeah buying abroad is generally better than buying over here...... except Germany and Italy.

Germany are very anal about things and Italy with their 5 hour lunch breaks and 6 month annual leave breaks, nothing ever gets done!!

The US is the best place to order from. I know a lot of people on here are anti-US for political reasons but feckin ell do they know how to treat their customers - certainly with all the companies I've had dealings with at leas

I'd go with that...sent of the documents to become a trade supplier 8 weeks ago....and were still not approved :S

useless twonks.