Sign in to follow this  
The Hub

The Hubs Corrado

After having sold my last 16V just under a year ago to try and find decent G60 or VR6, I have ended up with another 16V :roll:

It's in good condition and has a few nice mods done to it, as some of you may have seen it in the for sale section.... so to get me back in a Corrado, I couldnt refuse at the price :)

Anyway I'll post the pics up that the old owner had and keep you informed of any mods I decide to do in the coming months..... first one being the removal of the towbar :lol:

Knew that wouldn't stay around long in the For Sale section!

Really like it, maybe a bit lower? :-P

Wheels look great 8)

Cheers for the comment Mav3, was out round the North Coast over the weekend for a decent run round some country roads and managed to stop of and take a few pics. Really put the smile back on my face :) Also included a few pics of the Giants Causeway which unfortunately you can't get your car near, otherwise it would be a brilliant backdrop for a few snaps.

OK so the most important thing was to get it out for a good run, tow bar will be coming of ASAP...... cheers for the comment :)

I have to say I'm VERY biased :D

Those are some nice shots of the car Gary.

I'm sorry to have sold her :cry: but glad she's gone to a good home...

I was up at the warehouse where my Raddo has been in hiding for just under a year :shock: I have made a few minor changes over that period so I thought it was time to bring it out give it a wash and take some pics. Need to get the brakes done and then in for MOT and she'll be back on the road for the summer 8)

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

looking good mate,

still brings a tear to my eye about selling i, but glad to see its gone to a good home!

Just read about your brake conversion. How'd it go? Something I always wanted to do...

Alright buddy, good to hear from you again. Are you home and in the market for another Raddo again?

As for the brake conversion, still in the middle of it but getting there, I have 2 days off next week so expect it to be completed then.

Should really update this thread now.........

Since the last post I have started the Brake conversion and the G60 fronts are on with grooved and drilled discs :)

DSCF9503.jpg

DSCF9508.jpg

DSCF9508.jpg

DSCF9510.jpg

I had bought an Ikea bookcase for the apartment and as i had no books or ornaments for it, it came in handy as my new parts shelf :clap:

Top shelf is an Alpine Ipod stereo, next shelf is all round Goodridge Braided lines and Irwins Bolt Grippers, and on the bottom shelf is Braided fuel lines and MK4 calipers.

DSCF9470.jpg

Ipod stereo fitted and Grey leather handbrake gaiter fitted (looks brighter in the pic than what it is)

DSCF9482.jpg

Stubby aerial and dewipered rear

DSCF9484.jpg

New Toyo T1-Rs being fitted tomorrow and then looking at getting the 2 bits of rust on either front arch fixed as the rest of the paint is mint and these really let the car down :p

This is the bit I am stuck on now, I can't work out how to remove the handbrake cable from the bit that runs through the underside of the caliper, I've been told it just pulls through but it won't, any ideas?

DSCF9512.jpg

Another update, I made it over to Edition38 this year for the first time and thought it was amazing, will definately do it again next year :)

Hopefully there won't be the last minute rush next year tho. As in my previous post I was in the middle of replacing my brakes prior to going and it was touch and go if i would get them finished on time. Turns out I couldn't have left it any more last minute. Finally got all the brakes on and back down on all fours the Monday night before Edition, booked Mot on the Tuesday and the soonest date was the 27th Sept :shock: Anyway I called on a contact and got a cancelation for the Wednesday at 7.20pm so all systems go :cheers:

It failed MOT on handbrake cables, i had some new ones sitting ready to go on, but I didn't have time and thought the ones on there werent that bad that they would fail :brickwall:

So I rushed home on the Wednesday night to fit the new ones and called my MOT contact again to arrange a retest for the Thurs at 4.20pm. Bearing in mind our convoy to edition was leaving for Dublin at 5.00 am Friday morning :pale:

Anyway the car passed straight through and the boat was booked, and I was just looking forward to getting away for the weekend to de-stress. BEER :norty:

Didn't get to meet to many members whilst over, but still had great craic and did pick up 4 new friends for the trip home, I'll let the pics do the talking :D Coilovers where ordered up the minute I got home so the drop will be coming soon too 8)

DSCF9649.jpg

DSCF9661.jpg

DSCF9660.jpg

DSCF9655.jpg

how come you have two packs of goodridge hoses?

i've only got one on my shelf :(

Mate I upgraded to Mk4 rears as well so I needed the extra ones to go with those.

Cheers John, been after a set for ages and couldn't believe it when i seen these at Edition, topped of a brilliant weekend :norty: