Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

GOLF GTI MK5 ANNIVERSARY - WHAT YOU ALL THINK?

would anyone like a pic?

2007 marks the 30 anniversary of the original Golf GTI and to celebrate Volkswagen

is pleased to announce the launch of the new Golf GTI Edition 30. The new vehicle

features a number of styling cues evoking the heritage of the Golf GTI over the last

30 years, including the classic ‘golf ball’ gear knob, together with an upgraded engine

producing an additional 30PS. The Golf GTI Edition 30 will be front wheel drive only.

New Golf GTI Edition 30 specification

The new Golf GTI Edition 30 will benefit from the same high specification as the

standard Golf GTI, including six airbags, 2Zone electronic climate control, Electronic

Stabilisation Programme (ESP) and automatic coming/leaving home lights.

Additionally the Edition 30 will also gain the following items above the standard GTI:

Engine

• 2.0 T-FSI 230PS (169 kW).

Exterior

• 18” Pescara alloy wheels (the

standard GTI has 17” Monza)

• Badge bearing the ‘Edition 30’

logo

• Darkened rear light clusters

(as seen on the Golf R32)

• Body coloured lower spoilers

(the lower spoilers on the

front, side and rear which are black on the standard Golf GTI).

Interior

• Heated front sports seats, with ‘Interlagos’ cloth and ‘Vienna’ leather side

bolsters

• Leather steering wheel with ‘GTI’ logo and red stitching

• Unique interior trim

• Door sill strip with ‘Edition 30’ logo

• Golf-ball design gear lever

• Unique floor mats with red edging.

Volumes

The Golf GTI Edition 30 will be limited to 1,500 units. Unlike the previous GTI Edition

25 the vehicles will not be numbered.

Colours

The Golf GTI Edition 30 will be available in a limited range of colours as follows:

• Black

• Candy White

• Tornado Red

• Diamond Black pearl

• Reflex Silver metallic

• Steel Grey metallic.

got told about this, just this mornbing so rang up my kind friend at vw! and he supplied me with this 2mins later on email

allocation is 1 to each dealer

factory order from the 2nd november

first out will be a confirmed friday 12th january

golf_gti_30_main.jpg

Think its 23k in standard spec - sorry but over-priced especially as discounts can now be had on an R32, or theres always the Focus ST. Personally I'd take an Octavia VRs estate and lavish some money on it

VW's 'Anniversary' models are becoming contrived now.....yawn. And as usual you don't get much over the basic model....yawn.

Better off getting a used one for £15K, whack a Garrett GT turbo on it, get 350hp and p1ss all over the Nanniversary.

kevHaywire, like a Storm? ;)

*runs

Precisely :lol:

I guess most 'special editions' are the same but it's more of an insult on modern turbo cars as everyone knows they're throttled down deliberately and are capable of a lot more with nothing more than 5 minutes work.

And all for £3K over base, great value, not!!

But as proven time and time again, the UK market is easy to exploit due to our badge snobbery.

You'd just think for 30 years they'd do something a bit more special. All of the stuff they've put on might as well have just been on the options list for the original GTI! :(

looks sh!t! bland, boring, unoriginal, and most of all anniversary doesn't mean much now days! The mk3 anni was ok, mk4 poor, and this one really is scraping the barrel.....

It's a Goof, 'nuff said :lol:

Plus, 30 years anniversary? Maybe in the UK, not in Germany, so yes, yawn :lol:

Tempest

its about blue laces i think

theres too much body colour and, well i cant be bothered, its boring full stop.

Oh my we all have our rose tinted Corrado specs on don`t we :roll:

If I was in the market for a new 20k car I would consider it(but I`m not I never buy new cars waste of money,as you lose to much as you drive it off the forecourt!!)

We all know about run out spec limited editions anyway,don`t we couple of badges,couple of grand onto the price and Bob`s your mothers brother etc etc :lol:

God knows why anyone would consider an R32 same car only gas guzzler spec and 4wd.A chipped MK5 does the same job.

The easy option is to wait a couple of years and buy one after someone else has taken the big depreciation hit.

I'm not detecting any Corrado bias in this thread. We're just saying the Anniversary is dull and over priced, where are we saying the C is better?

Chipped MK5 does not do the same job as an R32 at all. R32 has amazing, sonorous engine, GTI does not (but it's a very good 4 pot turbo lump though, if a little narrow in the power band). R32 has grip in abundance out of corners and from standing starts, GTI does not.....and this comes from someone that's driven both. R32 any day.....less the gay grille and nasty wheels.