Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Launch details of Passat R36

"it'll be a great second hand buy!"
:lol:

hope that pushes the prices of the W8 down :twisted:

looks underwheeled in the pics, needs bigger rims

Why don't they stick that engine in the golf?

Autocar reckon it's going in the IROC / Scirocco / Corrado MK2 Pea green thing.

This must be the '300hp' version Jedi-Knight mentioned the other day.

I suspect the 280hp version isn't FSI, maybe?

I still think VW could and should get 100bhp / per litre out of these R motors by now.....

I've been told that the IROC will not get anything bigger than the 2.0TFSi, can't see it myself.

Talking to a couple of technical people from Volkswagen earlier on this week and apparently there will only be one version of the 3.6 litre engine, outputs may vary slightly but that will be down to exhausts rather than anything as fundamental as direct injection.

I can't understand why manufacturers always quote power as PS now, I know its the European standard but they alwyas then go on to quote BHP anyway, the 296BHP of the R36 lump is exactly 300PS.

PS and Nm just reads and sounds like you're getting more ;-)

Don't like the centre console or dash inserts at all..... looks like the silver dynamat stuff that Audiscape sell. What's wrong with black or leather? Why do Euros feel the need for tacky bits of clip on fake metal, trying to look like an expensive bit of metal? Or worse still, a bit of plastic sprayed with expensive metalesque paint :-)

I think it looks good, the car would look better with bigger wheels tho but maybe VW are wanting it to be more of a tourer and so keep the ride quality good. But it seems to be the trend that cars bodies are growing faster then there wheels- just look at the new 3 series.

Will be interesting to see how it fairs against the Mondeo/Vectra VXR/Mazda 6 MPS.

Hmmm. I bet it's a heavy beast, as standard Passat is 1600Kg+. So 300bhp would only be 188bhp/ton at best :-( Definety would sound the part though!!

I'm biased, I'd go with the Mazda6 MPS, 2.3l 4pot turbo and 4x4 - looked good on track when on Top Gear and not too bad on price.