Sign in to follow this  
RS VR6

BBS RS 301

Anybody know how many sets or wheels were produced? I also heard that the 301 was made specifically for the Corrado.

Pic 4 click

day67544wv.jpg

I've heard it was something like 300 sets - it certainly wasn't many and they do look the mutt's nuts 8)

I don't think they can look any better than they do on that blue Rado..... nice car, nice shot...... but yeah, they're a bit stale now. Done to death and overpriced as you say.

Done to death...but people are still wanting to pay top dollar for them.

Once people are not willing to pay for them...then they'll be dead...for the meantime...they are still hot on the market.

I read on Vortex that there was only 100 sets of the 301's made...that seems really low.

The most often figure quoted is 500 made in circa 1993 and VW fitment with a 5/100 pcd andd 33 offset they can only be for one car! Done to death, hardly theres too few for that, but each to their own but they work for me and I only have 3 sets

i love them i love bbs in general ive sold mine as theres so many on rados right now, but i have some ready for the mk1.

I take your point that they are sought after and desirable but there really aren't very many Corrados running them at all, and don't forget the VW specific 17" RS 301 is a different proposition, i'm pretty sure that my Corrado was the only one running 301s at Edition 38 this year and I must have seen in excess of 50 cars, the same was true of the other shows too inc VW Mania, GTI International, MIVW etc.

Yes I know they are out there but not as many as you think.

Three.jpg

i still cannot believe how well you have refurished those wheels. you've done exactly what I was going to do with them, and I alwost regret selling them!

dare I tell you what I paid for them!!!!

£150!!! LMAO!

not as bad as the 17" porsche fitment ones I have in my shed now.

actually, no, those were £150. i think the 301's i sold you were £300. in a proper state though weren't they!

The only thing that makes it seem like alot of people have them is the internet.

All I know is that I'm the only one in So Cal...maybe in the state of California...maybe the south western part of the country with them on a Corrado right now.

The BBS RS (regardless of model number) is still one of the most desired wheels for any car.

I have a set on my VR6 which I have more or less sold now with the wheels on them. Have to say them compliment the Corrado wonderfully! :)