Sign in to follow this  
Trig

I've bought an S3 / The S3 Thread

Nice.

IS yours remaped? Modified in any way?

I fitted the LED sidelights to mine today, nice crisp white light :) Bit fiddly faffing about with the back of the headlights though...

If anyone knows where I can get a cheap headlight dial/switch that'd be cool. Mine seems to have suffered from excessive wear (or someone with acidic fingers) and I could do with a newer one.

i've decided to win a new s3 from 5th gear as driven by tiff on last nights show , 262 bhp , 0-60 in 5.5 secs

i've just emailed AMD about some mods :-)

LOL - Yeh those new ones look like fun.

Dash illumination...

SANY0002_3.JPG

Sidelights....

SANY0004_4.JPG

Need to do the internal lights now... :norty:

odd you paste the link and they work , lookin very 8)

but the link doesnt contain jpg , maybe thats causing confusion ? just hyperlink em mate

Thanks.

The lights look slightly less blue than that in the flesh. Really pleased with the LEDs for £1.50 a pair.

fitted a powerflex dog bone bush to mine last week. The difference was amazing. The turn in is razor sharp now the engine is acting as a huge strut brace. The gearchange is very positive. There is now vibration at tickover and you need to give it more rev's when pulling away but once on the move..wow. The NVH is meant to improve as the bush settles in. We'll see...

Colourcoding my grill surround at the mo. Need to save up some money to get the ARB's & remap now i'm back from hols...

I've had an offer on my car, which I'm pretty sure I will accept.

As a replacement I am considering an Audi A3, Mk4 Golf or Seat Leon Cupra various engine options including 1.8t, pd 130 & 150. My budget is around £6k -£7k, I can't help noticing that this puts me close to cheaper S3 money, seen a few between £7k and £8k and I'm seriously considering one, but one question I have is, how do you find the fuel consumption?

I'm averaging a calculated 31mpg in my Corrado and used to get 29mpg in my Leon Cupra which I sold a a year and a half ago. I do around 300 miles per week, so fuel consumption is an issue for me.

i get between 22-24 from my remapped s3 usually. got 27mpg on a recent run to bournemouth.

normally get 300miles from £60 though. not the most economical of cars but good fun!

what speed is that at though? at 70mph i could probably get that aswell.

surely you're not suggesting you go above that speed on a public forum :-)

yeah the speed limit is a joke and i openly admit to never sticking to it.

i normally travel at 90mph.. car feels happier at that speed but i tend to get only 25-28mpg at that constant speed

So, a little thirsty, but it does seem the ideal progression from the Corrado.

I breifly considered an S4, but that would definately be too thirsty for my liking, mind you a 2.7 V6 twin turbo is very appealing.

be lucky to get over 20 when driving properly with the S4!

modern diesels have come a long way if your looking for fun and economy. half considered an A3 tdi (newer shape) but ended up with the s3 still.

after being in the S3.. i could live with how cheap the MK4 golf felt inside... no offence to any Mk4 owners.

the mk5 is better though.

I hear that, one thing I love about the S3 is that the interior feels very well put together.

I average 29.7MPG but I have done a few long trips recently driving at 80-90MPH which knocks it down. Driving around at 60 you will get over 35MPG.

You can pick up S3's for 7-8K but expect the mileage to be approaching 100k. Good luck if you go for it though, they are great cars IMO.

I have been seriously considering a TDI, partcularly the A3 TDI Sport or SE with the 130bhp PD engine.

Can't help being tempted by something a little more fun though, hense S4, and then realistically the S3.

Still no deposit on the Corrado yet, so untill that happens it is all just an idea. To make things more awquard I have just knackered 2 of my wheels in a pothole, so I need to either get them fixed or replaced before I can do anything.