Electric tilt /slide sunroof

Aluminium Door Mirrors

£ 500.00 BOSE Sound System

£ 107.00 Front Centre Armrest

£ 349.00 Acoustic Parking System

£ 400.00 6 CD Autochanger

£ 801.00 Electric Slide/Tilt Glass Sunroof with Pre Select

£ 241.00 Polished Aluminium Door Mirrors

not sure about the autodim rear view mirror and as already said.. leather was standard but below are the other options my car has and the prices i know

£ 325.00 Cruise Control

£ 354.00 Heated Front Seats

£ 74.00 Luggage Net

Paying 11.5k - saw some right **** for that money, and with more miles so im happy :)

Makes me feel happy, my 51 plate Ebony Black with RS4s and Revo will be up for sale soon as I'm off out the country for the next couple of jobs/years, hope I can get similar money with about 95K miles on the clock.

Any idea what a 'Symphony 6 CD/radio/cassette' is? Is that the standard system rather than the bose upgrade?

Is the bose upgrade just the speakers?

And what do folk think of the Nagaro Blue colour? I like it - it's a kinda proper Audi sport colour. Any thoughts?

And what do folk think of the Nagaro Blue colour? I like it - it's a kinda proper Audi sport colour. Any thoughts?

personally i like this colour a lot, kind of enhances the A3 shape, not to loud though!

sounds like someone's thinking of buying one if i'm not miss-taken?

personally i like this colour a lot, kind of enhances the A3 shape, not to loud though!

sounds like someone's thinking of buying one if i'm not miss-taken?

Yes mate - I'm looking for one at the moment. Going to see a nice nagaro blue one tomorrow.

I agree about the colour - it does seem to show the shape better than the darker colours. The Mrs reckons it's a 'common colour' though. I guess it is a bit skoda maybe?

I'm not entirely sure yet about the blue/black interior that this oner has, but I think i like it. I've seen leather interiors going for the same price as rado leather anyway, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to change it in the future.

i think noggy blue looks great on the s3. My first s3 was noggy with all black leather.

I didnt realise the onld shape s3 had the option of interior light pack but it will consist of extra lights around the footwell and little red leds that shine from the roof to light up the gear stick area.

to clear up the earlier question...

the stereo options were as follows

Concert - standard single depth tape headunit

Concert 2 - single depth cd headunit

Symphony - double depth headunit with single cd and tape

Symphony 2 - double depth headunit with 6 cd changer and tape

all options could be bose or non bose.

bose consists of a different eq on the headunit, an amp in the right hand boot cubby, different cabin speakers, sub in left hand boot cubby with 2 very small speakers...(the standard sub has a single larger speaker but neither are brilliant and the bass is the weak point of the system) (all 4ohm though so really annoying to upgrade just the speakers as very little aftermarket 4ohm stuff... need to rip everything out and upgrade if you gonna do that so pointless getting bose if you want to upgrade speakers)

Also all 4 HU options can have the optional 6cd changer in the boot.

wow cheers bud! :)

must think of any more questions i have before you go off line!

1. Is the symphony without bose upgrade acceptable?

symphony 2 in my old noggy

SymphonyII.jpg

and the noggy for the sake of history... RIP

S3pic.jpg

Concert in my current s3

3.jpg

I like having the tape deck up front as i use a tape adapter for my ipod.

wow cheers bud! :)

must think of any more questions i have before you go off line!

1. Is the symphony without bose upgrade acceptable?

i havent heard a non bose car but in my opinion the bose isnt great.. if i haddnt got bost it would be a hell of alot easier to just upgrade speakers... with bose you would need to rip it all out and start again and i cant be bothered so i'll just stick with it.. but its by no means top quality sound. the setup in my old vr6 was much better

2. Do any of the leccy recaros have electric fore/aft adjustment?

No.. all S3s have elec recaros that adust height (doesnt go as low as i would like and also it seems to pivot from the front so it just seems to tilt it forwards instead of raising it straight up), back tilt and lumbar support (an absolute must for me!!)

The sideing back and forwards is manual so you can access the rear easy. (although the tiny little handle is a bugger to use and tilting seats forwards is a two handed job unlike the corrado... something my GF constantly moans at!)

however... having used an S4 cab for a weekend which has elec forwards and back and you have to tilt forwards with a button for access to rear which takes ages.. i much prefer the trade off of having non elec forwards and back in the s3

Thanks dude. You know about S3's eh? :)

Just trying to think of no.3..........

(going to see a couple tomorrow so want to know everything!)

well ive had 2 now and researched them well.

im still saving up to change the suspension as this is another relatively weak area of the car. its quite soft and very understeery compared to the corrado vr6 setup (although my vr6 was lowered etc)

£1k will get a nice set of koni fsd dampers / h&r springs / adj tie bars (needed for lowering) / r32 arbs and that will sort everything out.

not bad as standard... but not great.

3. Is the blue alcantara stuff a pig to keep clean? I am really starting to like that interior.

any alcantara is a bit of a paint to keep clean actually as it likes to hold on to the dirt.

its never been a problem for me though as i really cant stand the half leather option. it was a no cost option on the s3 so there are a fair few knocking around but i hate it. i had full black leather on my noggy and i have full silver leather on my current mineral grey s3.

just seen your in worthing. i'll be down there next month. got a job in brighton and then going to goodwood FOS and staying in the area. if you have it by then will have to meet up one eve.

good luck with viewings tomorrow.

I like the leather and didn't think i liked the blue/black combo. When i started looking i wanted black with black leather.

But the more i look at nogaro blue with blue/black interior i think it looks quite cool. A bit different. I may well tire of it quickly though, especially having two messy bleedin kids :)

just seen your in worthing. i'll be down there next month. got a job in brighton and then going to goodwood FOS and staying in the area. if you have it by then will have to meet up one eve.

good luck with viewings tomorrow.

That would be good mate. You can valet it while you're here :)

3. Is the blue alcantara stuff a pig to keep clean? I am really starting to like that interior.

any alcantara is a bit of a paint to keep clean actually as it likes to hold on to the dirt.

[/quote:c53e3]

I find it very easy to clean, i do clean the drivers seat base twice a week which takes about 2mins. Quick spray with foam cleaner then dab dry. I wasn't keen on the half and half interior until i actually went and had a look at one. Now i prefer it, it always looks mint as it doesn't crease and scrub/wear like leather and looks plusher. You also get the dark headlining which is miles better than the light grey.

my full black leather noggy had the black headlining. i think its something you could spec.

one a slightly different note... :) which foam cleaner do you use?