Sign in to follow this  
Jez

Look what I just got hold of...

Nope, will be running an emerald ecu, bypasses the need for the clocks and keys. Means I can keep the vr ones as am trying to keep it as original as possible plus I don't like the idea of mounting mk4 clocks in my dash.

Pelequin diff arrived today too so will be getting the gearbox rebuilt whilst putting that in,

Damn, nice shoes man!

Only kidding, that's awesome, be sure to make a thread with all the works in :)

yeah, will be starting one soon got a few bits to get hold of but Ill be pulling the vr lump out after christmas I reckon.

Yeah how much did you shell out for that and where did you get it from??

edit: also very jealous as sooooooooo want 1 of these in mine, so not fair!!! :roll: :lol:

Can't really say how much but not as much as you think.

Yeah I thought about that one but was you cant get the VVT working that way plus emerald is good for about 270-80bhp.

The normally aspirated R32 that Storm developments did made 275 BHp at the recent VR6OC RR day, that was running stand-alone and had the VVT hooked up some how. The torque from that thing is very diferent from a std. VR, starts big from very low down. I think you'll also need to run a non-motorised throttle with the Emerald but that's no real bother to sort out.

I do rather like the idea of running a 24v on Megasquirt or Emerald - will be very interesting to see how you get on :)