Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

How many of us have near original spec Corrados?

From the word go, i decided to always keep the interior and exterior completely unchanged.

I think that the Corrado generally attracts a certain type of owner who tend to leave the exterior untouched. Its a great piece of design. The idea of compromising the lines of the car, say for example, to accommodate crazy rims is a little silly to me, but hey many will disagree.

The only change to mine is the ride height. -30mm.

corrado6.jpg

Looks good, in fact the exterior looks almost identical to mine :) the only differences I can see are my grill badges and wipers are standard, oh and my wheels are very rarely that clean.

Mine is completely standard except for the Cd player, i wanted to keep it that way, but the bug has gotten me and she is being fettled over the winter:

frontright.jpg

It all depends on what you define as standard as opposed to improvements; For example, Lupo wipers are an improvement, an absolutely necessary one at that, too.

Well, mine's mostly standard :lol: But I'm not finished yet.

Tempest

Mine's completely standard at the moment bar an immobiliser and retrofit aero rear wiper, but that doesn't count......some pics in the stealth RR day thread

i like them near standard too, mine is pretty original, but i do want to change a couple of bits, deffo want to lower it slightly

pic568.jpg

pic986.jpg

pic1061.jpg

Valver is fiddled with more but looks standard apart from ride height on the outside (Including the wipers and they work just fine).

My new VR is going to go back to standard (just need to loose the in-pro lights) apart from a set of aero wipers on the outside. I intend to fit some 'reliability mods' such as mk 4 rear calipers, braided brake hoses and an oil cooler. (Yes it needs a wash and could use a new front wing too)

Actually, now that you all mention it, mines got an alarm, sound system and headlight loom.

So to be really anal, it's not 100% standard, though if I wanted to, I could change it back to having crappy sounds, dim headlights, and make it easier to steal :lol:

Oh and the steering wheel's not the factory wheel, though it is a VW one from a different Corrado, and leather, I couldn't find a factory one at the time so had to make do unfortunatley.

I put a better head unit and changer in my Storm, and the matts are embroided with the Storm logo, but apart from that, its standard, and mostly staying that way. I will probably put Koni TA's and H&R springs on in a few months, nut that should maintain ride height (its a bit sagged from original at the moment.....old springs n all!)

I love it in original spec though, and the recon'ed wheels look great.

if all these cars are standard then all i can say is - stay in at night or buy a headlight loom :-)

i can appreciate both standard and modded , i could'nt live with a standard car myself though tbh

I can totally understand the purist view and am full of admiration for nicely kept standard cars, but I subscribe to the OEM+ way of thinking. No irreversible mods carried out on mine (except polished inlet manifold - but that can be replaced) and all original parts retained to put the car back to stock if required. I do think good quality subtle modification really does improve the look and driving experience. If you choose not to improve (mod) I think you are missing out on driving a Corrado which exploits a performance capability of a higher level than standard IMHO. But different strokes........

original.jpg

Mines standard apart from Fast Road pads all round. I do love the Subtle OEM+ look though - def the way forward!

I can totally understand the purist view and am full of admiration for nicely kept standard cars

Nice one Dan!, great colour too Lol!

I can totally understand the purist view and am full of admiration for nicely kept standard cars

Nice one Dan!, great colour too Lol!

slightly biased there eh Bill :?: :lol: :lol:

but tis true 8)

slightly biased there eh Bill

Was it that obvious Roddy? and there's me just been rattling on about subtle Lol!

I have a 2.0 16v that has been lowered about 30mm on Konis/H&Rs. I have always liked the look of a standard/OEM+ car.

Lupo wipers and a headlight loom are invaluable in deepest darkest cambridgeshire. I've also fitted a gauge pod as it finished off the dashboard nicely.

The estorils are a pain to be honest, I got them refurbed by pristine 4 years ago and they're starting go corrode again. I'd love a set of new old stock wheels that have been sitting around in a warehouse for the past 12 years.

neil

94 Flash Red 16v

I've done my gauges MKIV style - but I still see that and the likes of Lupo wipers as just evolving the car still within the VW original idea.

Mines a totally original 2.0l. Could use some engine and suspension tune ups but I like it the way it is - and it keeps its cheap to own and run :D The only pic I have of it is in my Avatar

Jay

but I still see that and the likes of Lupo wipers as just evolving the car still within the VW original idea.

Thats spot on bojmobile, some of thes cars can be 17 years old so i think a bit of modernisation such as wipers,cd/mp3's, headlight looms & maybe a midgies off the 4x4 look are allowed, while essentially keeping the standard look which imo has stood the test of time better than anything else i can think of !!