Sign in to follow this  
veedub

Modify your car at tesco!!

Lol. Nor me mate :)

Well actually, I reckon they probably will - they've obvioulsy got some boy racer on the board or in the buying department........

Or they have cotton'd on to the fact that all chavs are magpies and will buy anything thats vulgar/noisy/shiny.

I just posted this thread coz I was amazed at the lengths that tesco will go too!!

Ah so its a convenience thing then...

You didn't quite read my answer carefully. It's a convenience thing, as the supermarkets have left me with little other choice, living in a big city, as I do. Believe you me, if there were more local shops left, not driven to bankruptcy by big supermarkets, then yes, I'd prefer those, but there aren't any left in Coventry :-(

Unless I move to the country-side, but then I would need a daily car to get to work, which would get penalised by the ever so green (all of a sudden :roll:) government with their latest CO2-emissions craze following the Stern report (I wonder how much that guy made with his report?).

Tempest

Like the idea of a rolling road though.. not a value one mind!

with the value stripes it would look like a blue and white barbers pole :-D

Every single time, without fail. It's only when you get used to real food that you realise just how shi't supermarket food is.

What absolute b0llocks!

Tesco cater for all tastes and budgets and their 'Finest' ranges are excellent quality. It all comes from the same suppliers anyway, makes sod all difference. I always get fillet steak from Tesco as it's just as good as what the Butchers offer, only it's not browning round the edges and doesn't have flies buzzing round it.

I can't stand them, and for this exact reason, we're going the way of America with the likes of Wallmart ( who own Asda )

Good job aswell.

I personally don't have time to p1ss about fighting my way into Chelsea tractor infested villages to browse the local shops. I like the convenience and prices of HyperMarkets.

how the hell are small business's supposed to survive with competition like that :(

Who cares?

They just sit back and moan about SuperMarkets taking over, rather than being proactive and diversifying their product ranges and offering things you can't get at supermarkets.

If they can't handle the competition, they should do something else.

Success comes to those that work for it and I don't think anyone on here would complain if they owned and ran a highly profitable and successful chain like Tesco.

kevHaywire, are you a closet trolley collector for tesco's :-)

agree with what you say , the finest range is mmm and about the

only it's not browning round the edges and doesn't have flies buzzing round it

:pukeleft: :pukeleft:

Tesco cater for all tastes and budgets and their 'Finest' ranges are excellent quality. It all comes from the same suppliers anyway, makes sod all difference. I always get fillet steak from Tesco as it's just as good as what the Butchers offer, only it's not browning round the edges and doesn't have flies buzzing round it.

We're all different Kev and we all like to do things in different ways! It certainly doesn't allways come from the same suppliers and if your local butcher does sell the same stuff then he deserves to be out of business, which by the sound of it he does anyway if he has flies buzzing around his brown ham!

I personally don't have time to p1ss about fighting my way into Chelsea tractor infested villages to browse the local shops. I like the convenience and prices of HyperMarkets.

Again, we're all different Kev. The thought of driving into a packed Tescos on Saturday to park my car next to some twunt that has no problems with opening their door onto mine, to get in and pace up and down the isle with a trolly packing it full of junk and stuff that I didn't really want or need to buy anyway. All the 'in house' stuff is generally made by people who couldn't care less what it tastes like as they're all behind the scenes, they have no interest in bakery/fish/meats etc they're just doing their shift. You also get that generic smile from everyone who works there, and the scripted speel that they all have to give " would you like a hand packing?" "No, I think I can manage with my packet of sandwhiches thanks" " Do you have a clubcard sir?" " No I fekcing don't and I flat refuse to buy into your marketing ploy you bastids, now give me my change and let me get out of this god forsaken hell hole" - not like in small shops that actually care what the product and service like becuase you're their bread and butter

Who cares?

Well , I do! :)

Well said Walesy, Tesco's comes in handy for some things but as far as fresh food goes it cannot compare to the produce you can find in local butchers / bakers and farm shops. Frankly I'd rather spend more on fresh quality ingredients and not eat some crap from a supermarket that's been made in a factory somewhere and is full of god knows what, the bread is especially sh!t when compared to a freshly baked loaf from a good bakery, I bought an organic loaf from tesco recently and it was vile. As for steak, it tastes loads better when it's been aged instead of the bright pink supermarket cuts that look pretty but taste of nothing.

Our local Tesco doesn't, I remember the asda fresh bread being pretty good but our nearest one is over 30 miles away. Might be wrong but I would have thought they still put preservatives in their fresh stuff though?

The 'fresh' bread from all of my local Tesco is actually cardboard* cunningly disguised a a loaf of wholemeal. I hate tesco with a passion but it awfully handy, especially when the missus goes there without me!!

Walesy Whats your view on the produce from Kingsley Village? I was up there on Saturday and was quite impressed, even tho it was a tad pricey!

*May not actually be cardboard, but it really tastes like it! Not that I eat cardboard on a regular basis.

Ah so its a convenience thing then...

You didn't quite read my answer carefully. It's a convenience thing, as the supermarkets have left me with little other choice, living in a big city, as I do. Believe you me, if there were more local shops left, not driven to bankruptcy by big supermarkets, then yes, I'd prefer those, but there aren't any left in Coventry :-(

Unless I move to the country-side, but then I would need a daily car to get to work, which would get penalised by the ever so green (all of a sudden :roll:) government with their latest CO2-emissions craze following the Stern report (I wonder how much that guy made with his report?).

Tempest

Mate, its a convenience thing! Be comfortable with it! You COULD drive or get a bus to sveral local suppliers but it's easier to go to a supermarket than go to the hassle of driving round all over the place. I understand that. But that was my point - its all about convenience.

Its a tough call this. Ultimately it does boil down to convenience. You work full time jobs, the last thing you want to be doing is spending your weekends flitting around between independent stores when you can just barrel down to Tesco's and get more than acceptable produce for your week ahead.

In the ideal world i'd like to work part time and be rolling in cash so that I didn't have to worry about the bills etc - and i'd enjoy going to farm shops and getting fresh produce. But the reality is that I just don't have that much spare cash and I don't particularly want to spend my Saturday (or these dark miserable rainy evenings) trying to find the best local shops for specific items of produce.

That said there are some good alternatives around these days. There are a few local companies now that grow organic fruit and veg and prepare differing levels of fruit and veg 'boxes' that you simply book with them, and get delivered once a week. Prices start at £10 for a not insignificant quantity of fresh, organic veg.. and they vary the produce depending on the time of year so its all seasonal. Keep meaning to give it a go and see what its like!

And Walesy - the club card aint all bad. To be honest its money for doing nothing. If you shop there anyway, you get discount vouchers every 3 months tailored to what you've bought and actual cash back. I paid for an entire years Top Gear Magazine subscription simply with £13 worth of clubcard points. Its normally something like £50 for a subscription! I would have bought stuff at Tesco anyway, so might as well collect up the points and get the rewards.

And normally i'm paranoid about companies collecting information about me but so what.. I mean do Tesco really wanna know what drinks I like the most, or what types of biscuits I buy more?! :)

What absolute b0llocks!

It doesnt go brown as they spray it in c°2 so the air doesnt get at it!

Shocked??? I was!!!

this is how it looks yummy for ages

anyway meat is supposed to be tenderised 8)

strangely, i have a better selection of local produce available to me now im back in a bigger city.. However, when i say available to me, i mean if i didnt work a six day week 8.30-6.30. As soon as local shops open the same hours as tesco i'm there, in the mean time i'll slap me back pocket and do what i gotta do.