Sign in to follow this  
VAG-hag

what a nice thing to say........

Was trundling through Manchester the other night about to drop off my sis after visiting some relatives.

I noticed a BM 330 behind me when we stopped at some lights. He pulled up next to me a sounded his horn. I looked to see 4 blokes from a BIG lookalike comp looking at me. I wind the window down expecting the usuall race offer only to be asked "It for sale man?" I offered him a swap in jest to which we all had a chuckle.

Bless em!

Looks like 'rados still have loads a pulling power.........

Excellent. I had a similar experience recently at a tyre place - all the guys crowded round the car and were full of praise even though it's a bit of a shed if the truth be told (i've owned it for a year now ;) )

And in contrast, a similar sounding bloke in a BM was right on my rear bumper the other day so I floored it and left him for dead. He caught up and did everything in his powers to stop my car and get me out for a beating!! Some people are SOOOO touchy! :)

it's great to get comments

remember once i was sat by my gate waiting for a friend, and the postman bloke (about 30odd) came by and was really eyeing it up and asking me questions bout it.

it's great to get comments

remember once i was sat by my gate waiting for a friend, and the postman bloke (about 30odd) came by and was really eyeing it up and asking me questions bout it.

"are lookin after your daddys car little boy?"

Always nice to receive an unexpected compliment ............ you ugly bastard :lol:

HA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers!

I got pulled in the last few dayz of owning my G, only to find the copper just wanted to look at the car as he always wanted to own one when he was young but as he was younger than me he still couldn't aford the insurance, and just looked at the car and dribbled - has to be the first time a copper hasn't tried putting cuffs on me to be honest - and it was a very big compliment

Had the same thing a month or so ago with 3 lads in a Porsche 911.. pulled up at some lights all hanging out of the window checking out the car and asking if I was thinking of selling it. I told em the mileage and they couldn't believe it - though I had just washed and waxed the car so it was looking especially shiny :)

I was stopped by the Old Bill last week.4 of the clock in the morning,I saw them parked up ahead,and being the only car on the road knew I was getting pulled.

So I pulled over(like you do),window down,plod says"Mornin' sir,there's been a lot of fancy cars stolen recently,but this is obviously yours..blah,blah".As he walked away I became increasingly more indignant.What the fcuk was he on about.."This is obviously yours?".

I still don't know if they pulled me over because it was a "fancy car",they were bored(most likely),or they were a pair of twunts who couldn't help but get a dig in.

I got pulled in the last few dayz of owning my G, only to find the copper just wanted to look at the car as he always wanted to own one when he was young but as he was younger than me he still couldn't aford the insurance, and just looked at the car and dribbled - has to be the first time a copper hasn't tried putting cuffs on me to be honest - and it was a very big compliment

HA! reminds me of when I JUST picked mine up & the insurance had not registerd. So as you do I got pulled. He went on abot lack of insurance gave me a producer etc etc. Later he says "my mate had a golf VR, fast arnet they?" To which I said "I have no idea officer!" Bless him he even shook my hand at that 8)

My postman used to own one, he caught sight of mine (when the garage door was up) and went off on one, saying how he really regrets selling his etc etc.

How can a car have such an effect on a person?

had the other side of the spectrum the other week.........

my car is currently in a garage of a family friend. The house it belongs to is for sale & during a viewing the guy looked at my baby & said "is it a runner?" Granted it was a tad dirty with no door cards on, but really!! How rude :lol:

My G gets admiring looks and nods but no-one ever says anything to me. I don't know whether it's just because they haven't got anything to say, whether they're intimidated that I'm a female C owner or whether they think I don't know much about my own car *shrugs* :(

there is definately something hot about women in nice cars, maybe you just got their tongues twisted with giddyness?? :)

there is definately something hot about women in nice cars, maybe you just got their tongues twisted with giddyness?? :)

:lol: I wish!

was in a petrol station not long after i got the G and was wandering in to pay minding my own business as you do when a guy made a point of stopping me just to say "nice car". i was gobsmacked and just managed to offer a "thanks".

its what c ownership is all about, complete strangers making your day.

tis true!!

i saw a lass in a C driving around Wakefield & was well giddy. perhaps i should get out more!! :lol:

tis true!!

i saw a lass in a C driving around Wakefield & was well giddy. perhaps i should get out more!! :lol:[/quote:2cpxl7pn]

Indeed you should mate :lol: