Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Replacing pump with sytec

all vr variants are 4bar rated pumps-FACT.

Do you mean all Corrado VR6's or all VR6’s including Golf and Passat?

ELSA quote (on Golf VR6 with AAA engine)

The specifications for this test are dependent on fuel pump working pressures.

ä 07.95 approx. 4 bar

08.95 ▸ approx. 3 bar

Right Ive gone for it, and ordered a sytec pump from Demon Tweeks. Does anyone know if these are easy to fit ? Does it just fit into the original pump housing easy enough, with out any problems ? There shouldnt be a problem with me putting it in the 3 bar pump Ive brought ? This has ended up being a very expensive pump !

After Vince telling me he doesn't really sell the rings separate, I phoned and cancelled the order from Demon. It turns out that the one I received from Vince today is actually for a Evo, and that's why you need the spacer.

I spoke to him early and he said I could phone him up for help as it can be a little tricky. He also said that he will be taking photos of the next pump he fits, and doing a write up to send with the pumps in the future.

I can mess around with my old housing before I take the pump out which is handy !

The Sytec pump listed for the VR6 is not that much greater than a standard, and as cheesewire said, this will handle 450-500 brake !

I may get some pictures up of how I installed it ?

If you have a standard motor 190+bhp can you fit one of these Sytec pumps and all be ok with standard hoses etc? Obviously with the thought in mind that when i fit new chains and head gasket etc. there may be the addition of a grant motorsport big valve head with ITB or supercharger of course :)

GSF no - 18389J

VW eq - 1HO 919 051 AK

That's your problem then dude - thats a 3 bar pump for an ABF - you need a 4 Bar!

The GSF Number is the one Vince gave me to get a 4 bar pump! :)