Sign in to follow this  
Bunsen

Valuation advice, please.

Sadly the time has come.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be asking?

-I realise that a high milage G60 is not a particularly attractive prospect, but it's not all bad!

Details as follows:

'92 G60 (on private plate -K4 GEO)

168,000 miles

BBS Alloys

Fulll Recaro leather int. (no significant damage)

Car unmodified -apart from Fog lights replaced with stainless mesh.

VAG history UP TO 100,000 -Lots of receipts.

Everything works, owned by me for the last 7years.

-There are a coupe of small dents -one on the drivers door, one below the rear light cluster.

- She is also due a Supercharger O-haul -no problems at the moment though.

See photos attached

Thanks for your help :wink:

i would say £3k at the very most......£2.5k would be more realistic.....the interior and silver paintwork help offset the miles a fair bit...........but having said that I bought a 94L VR6 with beige leather Recaro's in November for under £2k...........so be prepared to wait and/or lower your sights pricewise

I bought a 94L VR6 with beige leather Recaro's in November for under £2k

Dont suppose you are breaking that interior are you? :D

it was bought for that purpose :wink: .......................cos its in my Storm now :wink: :-P

it was bought for that purpose :wink: .......................cos its in my Storm now :wink: :-P

Ok then :cry: :lol:

i would say £3k at the very most......£2.5k would be more realistic.....the interior and silver paintwork help offset the miles a fair bit...........but having said that I bought a 94L VR6 with beige leather Recaro's in November for under £2k...........so be prepared to wait and/or lower your sights pricewise

But in fairness (and without wanting to set off the G60 vs VR6 debate all over again!) The G60 does seem to be holding it's value much better than VR6's now, perhaps due to them being more of a rareity than the VR!

I would say about the £3K mark or just a touch under due to the lack of supercharger refurb recently.

But in fairness (and without wanting to set off the G60 vs VR6 debate all over again!) The G60 does seem to be holding it's value much better than VR6's now, perhaps due to them being more of a rareity than the VR!

like the sound of that 8)

like the sound of that 8)

Me too :D :D

I would say about the £3K mark or just a touch under due to the lack of supercharger refurb recently.

i hear what your saying,but also without wanting to set off the VR v G60 debate,the VR6 will always be the one that is classed as atypical one to have :wink:

I'd deffinately agree with that, especially nice straight examples as they're becoming more and more rare

does anybody else think 3k is too steep i wouldn't pay anymore than £2100 even if G60's are rare, it still has high miles and it's winter time so all the values are rock bottom!

nice looking G though, good luck with your sale

£2100 ??

Eh no, she is worth about £3000 if not slightly more, although she has higher miles and needs a charger rebuild, the black Recaro leather is worth about £1000 by itself ! So basic straight G60 with service history in good nick = £2000 + £1000 for interior = £3000 at least. The time of year doesn't make a car worth any less, it just may mean that it's harder / takes longer for a car to sell than in spring / summertime. Also it's worth bearing in mind that a corrado / any car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Cheers

£2100 ??

Eh no, she is worth about £3000 if not slightly more, although she has higher miles and needs a charger rebuild, the black Recaro leather is worth about £1000 by itself ! So basic straight G60 with service history in good nick = £2000 + £1000 for interior = £3000 at least. The time of year doesn't make a car worth any less, it just may mean that it's harder / takes longer for a car to sell than in spring / summertime. Also it's worth bearing in mind that a corrado / any car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Cheers

#

would you pay £3k of your own money?

just because it has leather you cant add on an extra grand! that probably what it cost from the stealers!

I am in no way dissing the car, but just think a lower price than £3k is more realistic...

Well I struggled to sell my 108k K-plate Immaculate G60 last year for £3500, got £3350 for it in the end (only 2 people came to look at it!)

But most average to good condition G60's are now fetching around the 3K mark and above average it seems much higher!!! Andy T As you said - you may have struggled with only 2 viewers but you still got over the £3K mark and the G60 is holding it's price and I do feel it seems to be slowly creeping up!

i hear what your saying,but also without wanting to set off the VR v G60 debate,the VR6 will always be the one that is classed as atypical one to have :wink:

I think thats half the issue though!!! The VR6 IS more typical and therefore also more "common", it's much easier to get a clean example as there are more availble. Therefore the G60 being a rarer example and harder to get is pushing the price up!!! It's not just my opinion but selling prices of late are proving it!!!!

It seems like an average to good condition late G60 to me, it has Recaro black leathers which are worth £1000 on their own (if one removed it and sold it on it's own, that's what it's worth), with a standard interior it would be worth £2000 needing a charger rebuild. These interiors are highly sought after so you can ask for more than standard interior. The interior basically makes up for the fact that it does have higher miles and requires a charger rebuild. If it had lower miles and freshly rebuilt charger it would be worth nearer £4k IMO.

Sell the leathers seperately for £1000. And sell the g60 with std interior(easily acquired for 100-200) for £2000-£2200.

Thats what i would do, you will find it a challenge selling the car for £3000 with such high mileage and need for a charger rebuild.

Good luck.

Allthough I do agree that G60 prices seem to be holding better than Vr6 prices, I personally wouldn't give anywhere near £3k for a G60 with this sort of mileage and with a charger in need of a service. However, I said that to JezzaG60 recently when he was selling his Burgandy Pearl G60 with 160K and he managed to get £2350 for it and his didn't have an interior worth £1K.

I would agree with Goldie, you would probebly be better off selling the interior seperately to maximise the ammount you get.

Hmmm, think I'll probably leave the interior alone as I'll be after a quick sale, rather than top money.

And, by the sound of it, it's quite a selling point.