Sign in to follow this  
corradophil

Just been offered

In short my Corrado 2.0 16v is mint inside and out including the VDO gauge pod in the centre console, no dents/rust, it has a gas flowed head, KR inlet cam, magnex exhaust, Alpine HU, amp and JL12W0 sub in Audioscape box, and some pretty decent components in the front. It also has a lightened flywheel 30k old clutch. Everything works, even the heated mirrors, sunroof and spoiler!

It has polyeurethane bushes all round at the front and new oem rear bushes.

The only downside really is the mileage which is currently at 172500.

I've been considering selling it for ages - I've owned it for almost 5 years, and want something a bit easier for daily use i.e. Leon Cupra (had one of these for a year), Mk4 Golf GTI, Audi A3 1.8t. Obviously I'll need to put some more money towards any of these.

Is £2000 enough???

Oh yeah its a 1993 K reg

For a 2Ltr 16V in any condition I'd say was good money. I would have thought that it would normally fetch around £1700 but thats only my best guess as I'm not up on Valver pricing!

Bearing in mind that there are some reasonable VR6's around the £1700-£2000 I'd say it was a good offer. I'd always try and squeeze up the price though!!!

Phil,its sounds like you have kept up with the maintinance even though the miles are high, could you find another in the same nick for 2k?

I would consider moving it on for that though.

what age is it?

if its 93/94 then I'd say take the money and run,unless you are really attached to it

Just edited my first post, its a 93 Kreg.

Hmm, so opinion so far is, I would not be a fool to sell it for that - maybe more of a fool not to take the opportunity.

although its age shouldn't matter........it still counts,most other 2.0 16v's of similar age only seem to have asking prices of £1.5k-£2k-ish too

If you were thinking of changing in the near future anyway and you now have someone wanting to buy then yes, you would be a fool not to take the opportunity. The chances of you finding a buyer when you want one who is willing to pay the money you want is very difficult. You have to factor in a few entries into Autotrader etc which also adds to the whole cost!

If you were planning to hang onto it then don't get rid of it. Its going to cost you so much more to get a car to the same condition again...

If however you were going to get shot of it then, well, I guess £2k for a valver is fairly good!

If the offer came from someone who happens to want your car and it hasn't been advertised I'd go back and ask for £200 more, if they know that you are considering selling anyway then I'd take it

Currently debating whether to sell the Nugget G60 - don't want to but its only done 1500 miles in the last twelve months and with a baby on the way the money would be handy

I've been considering selling for ages, I did try to sell it about a year and a hlaf ago when I also had a Leon, if it sold, I'd have kept the Seat, but it didn't so the Seat went.

I've not tried to sell it since the Seat went, its not advertised anywhere, but I do feel I've outgrown it a bit and I'm doing around 15k miles per year in it.

I think I'll have a chat to the person who wants it and try and come to a deal for maybe a little over £2k.

If we come to a deal, it's going to be hard letting it go.

Id say its possibly worth a little more...im a firm believer in paying good money for truly 'better' cars...

My mum got £2200 for her 1990 1800 16v mid last year,it was absolutely immaculate,wish id have bought it actually :(

picys003.jpg

Good price for it, no doubt about it.

The only question you really need to ask is are you going to want to own a Corrado again?

My mum got £2200 for her 1990 1800 16v mid last year,it was absolutely immaculate,wish id have bought it actually

Thats pretty good money, looks really nice being standard too.

The only question you really need to ask is are you going to want to own a Corrado again?

I don't know, I'd love to keep it, and get a daily driver, which I did for a year with the Leon Cupra, but I struggled to justify the expense of two cars. I would say there is a good chance I'd want to own a Corrado again, but only as a weekend car.

I don't know, I'd love to keep it, and get a daily driver, which I did for a year with the Leon Cupra, but I struggled to justify the expense of two cars. I would say there is a good chance I'd want to own a Corrado again, but only as a weekend car.

In that case the next I would be asking myself is How much is it going to cost me to get another C back to the condition of my old one ?(And is it worth selling it ;) )

What Yandards, said, think of what you've spent and how much it would cost again!!! Unless you were gonna get a VR6 instead. Personnally I'd keep it but then I've had mine 8years+!!!!!

i'd sell it, then at least if you wanted another one further down the line you could get one, maybe even save up a bit more and get a better one? you can see plenty of examples of people trying to sell their cars and no-one biting on this forum, so someone wanting your car is not something to pass off lightly!

Id say its possibly worth a little more...im a firm believer in paying good money for truly 'better' cars...

My mum got £2200 for her 1990 1800 16v mid last year,it was absolutely immaculate,wish id have bought it actually :(

picys003.jpg

This is pretty much the same as mine. 1990 valver, totally standard, 118k, fsh, loads of reciepts, not a speck of rust anywhere, and it cost me £1800. I've been offered £2k for it, but i just cant justify selling it, i love it

i'd sell it, then at least if you wanted another one further down the line you could get one, maybe even save up a bit more and get a better one? you can see plenty of examples of people trying to sell their cars and no-one biting on this forum, so someone wanting your car is not something to pass off lightly!

totally agree

Std cars seem to sell better, mods seem to devalue these cars, to the genuine buyers (excl mug punters ofcourse).

IMO ASk for £2200 and sell it.

Well i sold my 8v 1991 mk2 18mnths ago with 99k on the clock for £3500, to a guy that almost forced me off the road. it was mint, i didnt want to sell it but i only paid 1550 for it and stuck a set of wheels on to replace the steels it came with. I just had too for that money though. (didnt even have pas!)

My point is, he offered me £3k and i nearly soiled my pants, said id sleep on it and decided (even with that offer) to keep it as it was such a good one. So i said i dont want to sell it but i would for 3.5 to put him off, but he said ok :-o

Id say 2.5k and if he really wants it he'll buy it. mileage isnt an issue imo

sad day if you are C-less though bud :-(

Well i sold my 8v 1991 mk2 18mnths ago with 99k on the clock for £3500

That's a deal i'd have gone for i have to say. Low mileage means nothing if the car's looked after, but if someone wants to pay a premium for it it would be rude not to let them :lol:

Actually, Neil, I did buy it; and it was nearer two years ago (strange how time zips by). So £2200 back then for a totally standard, FSH Corrado on only 70k mileage seems like any even better deal, looking back at how much others were going for.

The car's still going brilliantly, by the way; still FSH, still standard, and now only on 89k.

Corradomine.jpg

diamondblack, Looks like you got a nice one there.

I've still not come to a definate conclusion. The person who's interested has now had a propper look and a drive and tells me he definatley wants it, but untill I see some £££ nothing is definate.

On Sunday I went to look at a 51 plate Audi A3 SE TDI (130 BHP). Very nice car still owned by the orginal owner, but in need of some TLC due to not being moved since March last year. It's silver with alcantara interior, Zenon h/lamps etc. Book price for one at average mileage, which is around 50K is £6800, he's asking £6600, but having done some serious research it could potentialy cost £1200 to get back up to scratch, which includes a whole load of service items, due to it being left, the repair of a scuff on one of the wheel arches and getting it through an MOT, which it currently does not have.

The car is slowly turning green on the outside with mould, but luckily the inside is stilll clean and fresh.