Sign in to follow this  
Louie Lungbubble

Need to have a word with myself

Was a bad lad Friday after work, and for the first time since sorning it last year, took my C round the block for a quick spin to make sure she was ok.

Now you can go for months in Skem without seeing a cop car since the police station closed (can you see where this is going?) and yep. Halfway round my 400m journey I went straight past an armed response Galaxy coming the other way. :pale:

Nothing happened, but I think that was the Karma lobster giving me a gentle kick to not try it again.

Anyway, my life of crime over and safely back on my drive I couldn't get over how much I'd missed the thing and hadn't even realised!

Gotten far too used to sailing around in the Bismarck since December, with it's speedbump eliminating suspension, lock to lock with a single finger steering, and superb all round visibility.

Had even entertained the thought of not doing the work on the C, sticking with the easy-life motor, breaking it, and just getting another when I could afford to do so. But after my spin, had to have a stern word with myself.

Felt amazing to drive it again, and was like getting in one for the first time.

The gearstick is so close to your left leg, the steering so heavy and the driving experience is just way, way better than I'd remembered.

No real point to this thread othe than to say Trust me... Any of you going through that "Shall I get rid" phase, just borrow an Audi 80 or some other ocean going dreadnought for a month, and then dive back into your C.

Roll on the spring and the "Big Fix" is all I can say.

(....and breathe)

Know exactly how you feel!

Mine's been off the road since October and I'm tempted everyday to go out and give it a blast! :wink:

Don't think I'll bother now tho! :lol:

glad you seen the light , i done the same last weekend took my C down the body shop to get it repaired , i have had hire cars for 3 months all new , the C was so much better like when you put some gas in power came out . and what IAN says .

Anyone got an Audi 80 I can borrow for a week? :lol:

I think that's what the CCGB should do with all their extra dosh - buy an Audi 80 and lend it to anyone thinking of selling their C.

If they still prefer the Audi over the C, then they can swap it with the club :lol:

I didnt drive my car all weekend and it felt awesome getting back in it this morning so i cant imagine how good it must feel after driving a shed for a few months!!

Although i will because i will be getting some sort of cheapy old diesel for when i go back to uni at the end of the year and the C will only come out on special occassions!! It will be supercharged by then as well so it will feel unbelievable to drive!!! :lol:

i am missing my rado to at the moment especially when driving down the roads that deserved to be thraped along. however the daily schlep to work and back in the pampered luxury of leather, climate control, bose stereo and v6 does give me something to think about.

I think I need a westfield seight for the weekend!

lol i've just posted in another thread just like this one. i've been driving an old citroen zx estate that i bought for 280 quid for 9 months while working on my car. i had to sorn it to save pennies for flat things, a few trips abroad and to generally take my time over winter to do what i wanted to the g60. now its all back in action - i can't wait to enjoy the manic driving again and feel the difference compared to the boat like qualities of the estate. it'll be night and day.