Sign in to follow this  
wilson_let

Corrado 1.8 16v

Hi folks just bought this a week ago, so thought id post some pics.

Its my first Volkswagen, and so far iv been impressed. Feels a bit sluggish though considering my last car was a 280bhp corsa :lol:

100_3127.jpg

100_3128.jpg

100_3129.jpg

100_3130.jpg

100_3131.jpg

100_3132.jpg

100_3133.jpg

100_3134.jpg

100_3135.jpg

100_3136.jpg

100_3137.jpg

100_3138.jpg

Got some plans for it now. Going to get the car painted in the original colour, just to clean it up a bit. Also smooth the bumpers. Then a set of coilovers. Not to sure if i want to keep the wheels and get them refurbed or change them.

Also wanting to change the interior to the vr6 leather one, so trying to source one now.

cheers folks.

Its a step up for maturness, but for speed and fun its a couple down im afraid. Ah well, everyone has to grow up sometime.

No way, start looking at the turbo conversion route. If you are into your speed there is no harm being a kid all your life :lol:

haha dont need to grow up too much, but i do a wee bit.

Already looking into the turbo route, also considering tuning the standard 1.8 lump.

B.I.G Turbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: 8) :) :-P

Well after a lot of thinking and discussions, decided to change the engine to the 2 litre 16v with the aid of throttle bodies, and a mental set up to see the car over 200 bhp hopefully by may/june time.

For now im focusing on the looks of the car. Tidying up the bodywork from rust then full respray in the standard colour.

Also grabbed myself a set of avo coilovers, which will be getting fitted in the next couple of days for some serious droppage. Il update pics when its done :D

Looks pukka - good luck with it and make sure you keep us posted with your plans / pictures! :)

nice example that, it may not be as fast as your corsa but it'd infinatly more stylish!

sorry Ot thread hijack... Jim, with those borbets on your car reminds me alot of my old valver! :cry:

Very nice motor! 8)

Always great to see loads of valvers on the members gallery!

Wheels look cool, were my first choice before I got the BBS

Guess the Corsa must have been turbo or V6?

Cheers folks. Wheels are in need of a refurb, been battered over the years.

and here is said corsa, the sleeper image must even appeal to the hardcore of corsa haters. Some of the looks i got out of 30k cars was priceless :lol:

100_3118.jpg

100_3112.jpg

Quality Corrado mate, looking at buying back my old 16v whick i sold to a mate, wheels look good as well! Also what an insane street sleeper, respect!!