Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Engine time

I'm off to see my lovely bank manager this weekend to see about a nice hefty bank loan, to finish my beast once and for all, or untill I see something else I want to put on it :lol:

Hopefully I'll have about £3k to spend on engine bits.

Do you folk reckon this will get me some decent power??

Cheers peeps

RACK

Depends what route you plan on going down? Any idea?

£3k should get you a fair old bit though- what have you got to start with though is your wagon a 16 valver if so i would sayt whip it out and put something else in? :D

Anyone no how many sheets i would be looking at to convert My G60 to a 16v parts wise? i can tackle the work my self. i know it pistons head charger brackets etc. Is it worth doing for the loot?

I thought about a 20vt when my charger went bang last year. But I got told it would cost about £5k+ for the engine and the fitting. Another thing would be the power, I want atleast 230bhp in which case I'll have to source a TT engine, or tune a golf one.

Plus I like the way the power is delivered in the G60 compared to my mates 20vt Golf GTi.

But I wouldn't dismiss the idea totally.

someone on no rice got hald of an 20vt for about 1k with all the wiring etc,and theres a lad on there thats going to fit it for him

rack ... you could build an awesome g60 engine for that money there are quite a few choices really...

also designa-dubs would charge £1k to fit a 20vt in your raddo / but you dont wanna do that do you really! :lol:

I'd like to keep the G60 engine, and choosing a route is the fun part.

The car is hopefully going in for a full re-spray after christmas or near that time, and I plan to get the parts for the engine and get my mate to put it all together around about the same time.

And no doubt Darren as soon as my loan gets sorted you'll probably getting a call. The forged pistons you said about are a must!!

I'm deff having a 1.9 bottom end, it was the top end I was thinking about.

(Cross flow probably, but it's getting hold of a Custom inlet manifold)

Also I'm after a Front mounted intercooler.

Hopefully with the money I'll be getting, I should have enough to complete my wish list. :lol: :lol:

custom inlet aint hard to get hold off atall mate

as im gonna be providing then as parts of the x-flow kit...

Nice one Darren! If I get the loan sorted, I'll give you a call sometime next week to talk things over. I take it your cross-flow conversion is going well?

Bolting the parts together isn't much of a problem cos my mate who does all the work is a service manager at a stealers :D He did a top job with my Mk1 engine!

Anyone put the R32 engine in a C?

Does it fit??

Unlikely as the car only rolled off the production line a short while ago!

The TT engine with DSG gearbox is the one to get :lol:

Kev

A bloke walked into my local dea;ership and ordered a brand spanking new R32 engine from them with the intention of twin turbo'ing it and sticking it in his corrado I haven't met the bloke yet but I think he is man on a mission as the R32 engine dont come cheap!!!

rack ... you could build an awesome g60 engine for that money there are quite a few choices really...

also designa-dubs would charge £1k to fit a 20vt in your raddo / but you dont wanna do that do you really! :lol:

does anyone have designa-dubs contact details? the website is not working...

cheers

They are alot cheaper than that now - my mates doin the conversion and reckons he should be able to get 300bhp out of it without any probs ££££££££££

Call him if you like 0797 0192043 - Ben

Im Matt if you want to mention my name - hes in Huddersfield