Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

C. Will's Corrado - NEW PHOTOS

Thought is was about time i started a gallery of my car. Going to be posting up a number of photos over the next few days.

Here's one to start with, a photo of the car being dropped off at the paint shop this morning. All I can say is there's some awesome cars in there (The C isn't looking out of place though).

hey stranger.. see you've had the centres done black on yr rims.. so whats the plans for the bodywork??

some nice motors there...

Bally, Having the front bumper sorted after having some idiot reverse into at the lights. I might have the bonnet sorted at the same time if the quote is ok.

Looking pretty rude now with the black centres. How's things with you C?

joebloggsVR69, Thanks for the tip, they're great guys down there and the cars that are in the garage are mental. I've seen a Ford GT, lambos and loads of American muscle cars.

Bally, Having the front bumper sorted after having some idiot reverse into at the lights. I might have the bonnet sorted at the same time if the quote is ok.

Looking pretty rude now with the black centres. How's things with you C?

Damm! well atleast its all geting sorted...

would be good to see better pics of the rims...

My C's doing ok.... lots to do... all in good time :wink:

Bally, I'm get some new photos up very soon, it's just so dam dark all the time!

What's the score with your engine these days? Have you seen I've gone to the dark side and have a supercharged VR now?

I no what you mean.. hate winter!

the valvers done 179k now... would like to see 200k before it comes out but we'll see.... :lol:

I saw a mention of it in yr siggy & threads you had up when you were selling yr G60 lump... so the Vr all up & running?? how you finding it?

the valvers done 179k now... would like to see 200k before it comes out but we'll see.... :lol:

I saw a mention of it in yr siggy & threads you had up when you were selling yr G60 lump... so the Vr all up & running?? how you finding it?

That's some miles you've clocked up there, I thought you were supercharging it or was it bored out? What engine are you going for when the time comes.

The VR is an absolute monster, the sound is awsome and the power is immense! It's being mapped on Monday and I'm hoping for 300+BHP.

That's some miles you've clocked up there, I thought you were supercharging it or was it bored out? What engine are you going for when the time comes.

The VR is an absolute monster, the sound is awsome and the power is immense! It's being mapped on Monday and I'm hoping for 300+BHP.

I bought it with 123k back in 2003 so done a fare few... :lol:

No S/C, did have an audi 2.0L block & loads of chrome/polished bits etc which I ended up selling to mate... with everything Ive done to the rado got something 'Different' planned :D

wow thats nice.. will defo like a ride in it once its all done.. :wink:

Hopefully I'll make it up to MK meet soon, I'll give you a ride then.

Here's a shot of the c parked up last night. Wish I could take better night photos.

8) has been a while since you poped up to MK

if not sure I'll bump into you at Ace Cafe....

looks rude in that pic 8)

Looks nice - how much did changing it over from the g60 setup cost roughly? and what all did you end up having to get? assuming full engine/loom/assembly, charger, subframe, hubs, trackrods?, 5 stud wheels no doubt?, later bonnet - what did i include wrong or miss?

_leon_, The conversion hasn't cost too much but I say around £3000ish (I don't want to add it all up really).

Here's a list of the major parts require

Engine/ Gearbox

Engine loom with fan relay

Key reader around barrel

Transponder box with loom to Key reader and OBD2 port

Corrado front cross member from VR6

Corrado Airbox and 4 pin air mass meter

There were a few other bits and piece need along the way too but can't remember.

The following items I didn't bother with as I was not changing the hubs etc

NO DRIVESHAFTS

NO HUBS/DISCS/

NO REAR SUBFRAME

NO POWER STEERING RACK

Also I didn't change the bonnet to a power bulge version as I was going to be using schimmel short intake and wanted to retain the original look of the car.

The power deliver is VERY different to a G60 but it's so much quicker!!! :shock:

If it's something your considering doing I'm happy to talk to you indepth about the install and any problems I had along the way.

Looking very sexy in that paintshop pic 8)

I hadn't realised you'd stuck a charged VR in there tho - now it's gonna sound sexy too :norty: :D

Will - thanks - great info - I didn't realise you could do it without changing the drive system - always thought the wide track kit/subframe etc was needed. Granted that'd save loads of hassle and cost. Does the vr lump fit straight to the existing g60 engine mounts? Is it a tighter fit with the narrower wings? And not having to change the bonnet is definitely a good thing - I much prefer the early style bonnet. Has your insurance gone up dramatically? The engine - did it come with downpipe etc? And the loom - not sure about the structure of the loom between exterior and interior - but did you have to bother with any new fittings in the interior? May be a lot easier than i thought!

I love my g60 to bits - had all sorts of mixed plans over the last year - but settled on keeping it and continually developing it (despite thoughts drifting off to e30 m3's lately...). Had considered swapping to a vr6 in the past - but think if the corrado stays (which it will) - either turbo conversion (IHIG60 on here has had great success with this) or this option would be on the future list. Sure you had these same questions not that long ago?

cheesewire, I'll be making a post very soon with all my photos & video of the day. You'll have to wait till then to know my figures...........happy(ish) with the out come though.

You sounded like me,not overly happy with the results,was expecting more for the amount of work.But still good results :wink:

looking forward to seeing the pics and vids of this one. No problem Will - interested to hear back when you're free.

Finally I've got time to post my results from the mapping at Stealth.

Generally happy with the out come but did expect a little more from the set-up that I have.

The set-up is 2.8 OBD2, stage 3 VF-engineering supercharger with FMIC and schimmel short inatke.

This is the result

BHP 296.5 @ 6241

Torque 253.2 @ 6068

Check out the video on You Tube

The power is delivered VERY smoothly, check out the graphs.