Sign in to follow this  
Mystic Rado

Oh dear...

oh dear, mind you, we all know that any car can be driven by a Pr*ck like a Pr*ck, so he might be right. but saying that it is a shed isnt right. for example, i saw a yellow saxo yesterday was a bit barry boy'd up, didnt know it was running a hayabusa bike engine in the boot!! should have seen the thing go!!

It's a strange forum anyway, frequented mostly by IT consultants who blow thousands on the latest, most expensive bike, then sell it two months later and do the same all over again :?

Don't really do Schadenfreude myself, I tend to think that delighting in other people's misfortune means that fate normally makes a note and come back to bite you on the arse.

The 'shed' comment annoyed me though.

Author: BadlyWiredDog

Date: 29/01/07 12:44

The world seems to be full of people who once owned a Corrado and now go all wistful at the mention of them :-)

Made me laugh. Chufties :lol:

Hope it wasn't someone on here, though it sounds like they weren't exactly following the highway code :roll:

R.I.P. for the Corrado though, another one down the pan by the sounds of it.

Yeah - sad news! Thats the one good thing about the Corrado.. whenever someone pans it on a forum, there is always a few people who know what they're talking about to correct them! :)

R.I.P. for the Corrado though, another one down the pan by the sounds of it.

...which gets me thinking, if only 9000 made it to these shores and numpties keep crashing them, how many are actually left?? :roll:

Tough one to call...desperately sad that another one's gone forever, but then it's freeing up parts and making those that remain all the rarer.

Lesser of two evils really.

Seems like lots are getting broken ATM, but like Mr Sands says if they're gonna be driven by fools its better it was written off so more parts for us!

Eventually there will be just the one Corrado left in the UK. It'll be a mint Storm with 20 miles on it, bought by a middle-aged enthusiast and stored in a hermetically-sealed garage with its own butler, masseuse and care assistants. He wouldn't sell it, but if he did, the price would be in six figures...

... then someone'll forget to stub out a cigarette, the blaze will rip through the oxygen-rich environment and that'll be it, forever.

You'll find the odd fake on eBay - Corsas with lookalike bodykits, but there will be no more Corrados, ever. Old men'll gawp at video clips on youtube and mutter on about how they used to have one, wish they'd never sold it etc. The end. You know it's coming ;-)

I'm saving up for the hermetically sealed garage, it maybe a while before the staff are properly trained though....

Is there a way of finding out how many the DVLA have registered as still on the road or anything?

It'll go the way of Splitties, we'll start importing more and more from "Dry" countries, then we'll end up with more LHD than RHD....

Come to think of it was the Rado ever exported to a "Dry" country?

Well you can get them in the states, so I guess there are some that'll have only ever seen the desert.

But then, rust isn't the killer of Corrados as it is/was splitties - it's numpties bending them on things *ahem*

to be fair one person at least stuck up for the Corrado against the other Pr*ck.

"On the contrary, there are some mint Corrados out there, trust me. Just because a car's old, doesn't mean it's not properly maintained or specced in the first place.

Have you ever driven one?"

In fact from the "Shed" comment downwards is nothing but praise for the Corrado. HERE HERE!

:)

:lol: its interesting to see what other (non corrado) people think of the C

The world seems to be full of people who once owned a Corrado and now go all wistful at the mention of them Smile

was talking to my boss a week or so back when he mentioned that he had a test drive in a C when they first came out and said ''they were the thing to have''

:lol:

Yeah, your right. They were the thing to have. I know guys in the Forces who were based in Germany when the G60 then the VR6 came out; You get tax-free cars if you are based in Germany and so everyone drives new cars. They were definitlely the thing to have in the early '90's. I have met several blokes who said they bought them new. So many people remember driving one or being driven in one!

Even my dad remembers being driven in one owned by a client he was doing some work for. A VR6, he thinks. He was taken out to lunch in it...got there rather quickly as he recalls!! :lol: