Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Secret computer!

whoa whoa whoa!!!! where this wiper adjuster giszmo thingy then??

its the

..............wiper stalk :lol:

Turn it on to intermittent. Turn it off, then back on when the screen gets wet again. The interval will then be programmed. if the rain is slightly worse then repeat, but turn it back on sooner. If rain is les then repeat but wait a little longer before turning back on, easy ;)

And why on earth didnt they just but a slider switch on that even bloody skoda probably had???

Mind you the guy that was supposed to do that probably was the same one who was supposed to fit the low fuel warning light in but missed that crucial meeting cos his active spoiler was playing up lol!!

Just reading this thread and saw

just like the adjustable time on the wipers, i never knew about that until i came across it on here!

thought it was a wind-up at first.....but it is in the instruction manual! I always wondered why my wipers seemed to change the interval as if they had 'a mine of there own'....I thought it was my clever 'rado looking after me :oops:

I am glad I read random threads every now and then

I didn't know about the wiper function or the 'secret' MFA. Going to try it on my Golf VR! Learn something new every day......

shaun & zombie.jpg[/attachment:ctt9qrz5]

Back from the dead!

Does anyone know if this works on a VR? I need to calibrate my rev counter after the needle fell off.

Yarp. I'm sure it ought to work on everything...

You can use vagcom to read the revs too. Might be easier???

If you're ever down this way drop in and use mine...

I thought that could be the case. I might just have to take you up on that offer Mr T. Should be in Southampton at the end of the month for a spot of canoeing so I might drop in if the hangover isn't too evil!

I know my speedo is a bit generous too, but I might need an airfield for that one!

The G60 also has the boost check feature too in position 2, think its 3rd one in, it was very handy to check my new pipework and RSR was all sealed properly

Can't believe I'm asking this now but I'm confused! The boost gauge on the computer, what does it measure boost in? Matey suggests, millimeters of mercury (mm of hg), Where as the the corrado club.com again confusingly lists millibar (mbar), what looks like Kilopascals (KPa) in the first column and then psi in the last column but then mentions (in. hg) Inches of Mercury! WTF is going on can someone clarify.

I thought it was measuring mmhg but was confusing the numbers with to mbar and then converting to psi! What's going on? :lol:

EDIT: googled the vwvortex forum it would appear it's mbar that the MFA outputs! Doh!

I thought that could be the case. I might just have to take you up on that offer Mr T. Should be in Southampton at the end of the month for a spot of canoeing so I might drop in if the hangover isn't too evil!

I know my speedo is a bit generous too, but I might need an airfield for that one!

DUDE - i'll be interested how you get on if you give it a go. I read on the VWVORTEX forum that if you ever change your fuel guage you can recalibrate the guages by plugging it into vagcom but there's no option - i assume its the same option for revs/speedo - i vaguely remember something about the speedo going to 62mph :shrug:

EDIT - Dude how DID you get on?