Sign in to follow this  
farquare

who's missus drives their corrados

9/10 the Mrs drives the car and I take whats left.

shes driven it for nearly four years and wouldnt swop it for anything else.

All I do is maintain it,wash,hoover and wax it :changes: :brickwall:

Anyway its a valver and is very easy on the wallet.

my mrs has a mk3 8v gti, shes always said that its alot quicker than mine as when she has driven mine in the past its only been around town etc,and her car has loads of initial torque.

her cars been in the bodyshop for the past month and shes been using my rado for work and i think she scared herself with the power!

now shes got her car back shes moaning how slow it is!

she agrees its hard to see out the back and hard to get in and out but lets face it, whether we are male or female we should be able to drive pretty much everything.

Funny thing - my wife Sarah was the one who persuaded me to get the C in the first place. I'd always liked them, and when I got rid of my Vento VR6 I was unsure of what to get. I bought this one with a full blessing.

I had a MKII Rocco GTi when I first met her, and she loved that too.

I've owned my Storm since August 2001,i had the wife on the insurance from day 1,in total she's driven it twice approx 10 miles all told and that was the first couple of months of ownership :lol: ............bearing in mind from when i bought it for the first year it was practically std..........she told me she didn't like driving it cos.......it was too fast and too LOW!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My missus can't reach the pedals, good thing too as she's blind as a bat with ear muffs and bangs into everything.

some mixed replies then....ha ha ha

agian not questioning whether she could physically drive the thing

more a "does it take less manhandling than the old mk2"

anyway, got to mot the mk2 in the morning - so all corrado talk will be out the window if it fails badly!

which it souldn't

fingers crossed.

corrado over golf2 anytime, mrs used to have a c now mk3 and althought the goof is easier to drive she prefered hers and my c

This missus has her own ;)

And a very nice, very fast supercharged one at that :wink::lol:

certainly does from what I've heard... ah well we can all dream

Scarlet_VR6 - is your rear spoiler working cos when mines up rear visibility is rubbish! (very difficult to see if the car behind you is a copper, been caught out once already)

oh yes my rear spoiler works - in fact I quite enjoy watching it move in my rear view mirror thinking how different it is from 'normal' cars :oops: . As for being caught out by coppers, the blue light is on top of their cars :lol: and I don't think you stand a worse chance of spotting an unmarked one than in any other car. Besides I never break a speed limit - just carefully but enthusiastically apply the accelerator until that point... :wink: Even if the rear view is bad compared to modern cars, it's better than van drivers and you do still have your wing mirrors!!

agian not questioning whether she could physically drive the thing

can't help with this cos I've never driven a golf but I know the Corrado is wonderful esp the vr6. Why not let her test drive one when you look to buy, then you shouldn't have any probs!!

anyway, got to mot the mk2 in the morning - so all corrado talk will be out the window if it fails badly!

which it souldn't

fingers crossed.

best of luck :wink:

This missus has her own ;)

And a very nice, very fast supercharged one at that :wink::lol:

I do drive the MR's mk3 vr estate though :)

Drives just like Greeny did....very smooth but then you look around and realise you are in the estate and not the corrado....very odd :)

Well speaking as a missus who has a corrado VR6 and who has previously driven a mk2 gti, I'd say the corrado takes much less 'manhandling' purely because the mk2 didn't have power steering and the 'rado does.

But having said that I love(d) driving both (until the other half put a stupid tiny momo steering wheel on the gti which made it really hard when trying to parallel park :roll: )

I am the missus.... and i'm the only one who drives my car. The rear visibility isn't a problem for me because i've got used to it and its kind of grooming me for Lamboughini ownership.

The big doors are a problem though, especially when some idiot parks next to you as close as humanly possible.

Well speaking as a missus who has a corrado VR6 and who has previously driven a mk2 gti, I'd say the corrado takes much less 'manhandling' purely because the mk2 didn't have power steering and the 'rado does.

But having said that I love(d) driving both (until the other half put a stupid tiny momo steering wheel on the gti which made it really hard when trying to parallel park :roll: )

my mk2 also has no pas

and a small wheel, i think its hoot to drive but parking is a beast....

i really should have much bigger fore-arms the amount of time i've had the thing...

on a side note the mk2 sailed through its mot today so may be a more attractive proposition for somebody in the coming weeks.....

I dont risk letting the other half drive the corrado, thats not a sexist comment as its aimed at her not all women. She would kurb the alloys in less than 10minutes and would park it anywhere instead of taking the time to find a nice secluded slot away from the mums trying to cram kids into the back of their people carriers. Plus there are a few speed bumps about and you have to take it very slow and carefully navigate through/around them which is something she would probably accidentally forget to do.

Just let my mrs drive my C for an hour and she is still in shock with the biggest grin on her face and a wet patch on her jeans (she just hit me for saying that)

The most powerful car she has ever driven is her peugeot 306 1.4 5 door.

She said she now fully appreciates why i love my car and why i spend so much time on it!

Her words whilest putting her foot down in 3rd gear at 4k was something along the lines of...

"oh my f***ing god :shocked!:, oh my god, oh my f***ing god :mrgreen:, i absolutley love this car!!!! I WANT ONE!"

She is begging me to put her on my insurance as i only use my car at weekends and she wants to use it in the week!

I think i have fully converted her into a true corrado fan.

good work,

my corrado (vr6) plans will have to shelved for a few months because HIC wont insure her on it till she's 23 (4 months) and she'll need it to get to work. (£380 btw, what a quote!)

so shes stuck with the golf in the meantime, (if i can get the alt sorted before the weekend) or possibly a 16v depending on what comes up over the next few months.

cheers.

I'm with adrian flux and im paying £450 TPFT and it would of been another £530 to add her on it, she's just turned 20, been driving for 1 year.

So suprised to say im not going to be puttin her on it!

My missus drives my C. The first time she drove it after me new engine she was wondering what I was going on about, until she put her foot down on the slip road onto the M6 and realised why, and she now owns a V6 4motion Golf, so it cant be all that bad :lol: