Sign in to follow this  
smiffyraf1

B**tard contractors

whats happens when some nob head civvy contractor in his bloody company LDV which he obvioulsy doesnt care about decides not to indicate and pull off from being parked and turn immediately right as im going round him crash only happened with me going 20 cant believe the damage! £2680 worth! not a mark on the van it was the wheel that did it all! economical write off!! now to get vr6 or storm if i can get me hands on one

planning on buying it back from the insurance, was going to work on it myself but as im moving in 6 weeks havent got the time and the storage to do it so will probably sell

Gutted for you mate, you should be able to sell that on no probs to someone wholl split it for the bits.

Good luck sourcing a replacement....

planning on buying it back from the insurance, was going to work on it myself but as im moving in 6 weeks havent got the time and the storage to do it so will probably sell

Bloody LDV drivers..

Which unit from and to?

u reckon i am torn between another g60 or the vr6, loved my 60 to bits. are they defiantely better?

Its down to taste but its VR6 power for me 200hp stock :twisted: and no supercharger to rebuild.

There is loads of bolt on kits for the VR6 now to up the power past 300hp all on stock engine :shock:

really? i chipped pullyed and remapped mine and was at abt 210! didnt realise there was such a massive difference obvioulsy the engines bigger i know but thats a lot more power!

Out the box power,and yes you can get big hP figures for say 1500 quid for a used charger kit.

Fitting the smaller pulley to the G ladder will also require more frequent rebuilds,but as long as they are looked after that wont be a problem on the G's

It will be cheaper to mod the power over the stock 200hp of the VR6 but then when you want over the 300hp on the G's it will be big bucks!

It will initially be pricey on the VR motor but the are hard as nails and can take allot of abuse!

Have you driven a VR6 ?

I'm sure some "G boys" will give me some hammer over this :lol:

to be honest no i havent when i went i was looking for one i viewed a few g60's and was due to view a vr but the last g60 was just right and was a good price so had it, id driven vr golfs but obvioulsy cant use that as comparison always had mk2 gti's but not going back after having a rado

Bloody LDV drivers..

Which unit from and to?

am moving from RAF Cottesmore to RAF Scampton

Bloody LDV drivers..

Which unit from and to?

am moving from RAF Cottesmore to RAF Scampton

Can't offer you a go in my VR then as Lossie is a bit of a trek..