Sign in to follow this  
kenc

2.0 8v or 16v

Ive had a 2.0 16v raddo, loved it sold it and brought a mk3 golf gti 8v colour concept, and am wanting to go back to the raddo,

Just wondered what the 2.0 8v's are like,

Want a late spec m/n reg, with lether or recaro's

debating on the vr, but ££££££££ for fuel

Good dependable engines (as you should know from your mk3), fairly torquey at low revs and the most fuel efficient corrado.

They don't exactly fly, but they're not far off a standard 16v.

The main issue would be spec, as a run-out model I think they miss things like adjustable steering columns (actually not always a bad thing) and sun roofs (again not always a bad thing!). Depends on the options selected by the original owner a fair bit though. I actually really liked the original 8v alloys.

Just to repeat what I said in your other thread:

[shameless plug] If you can live with an L reg - but with a nearly new (just run in) engine then you can't go far wrong with mine... considering the engine work came to £4K, wheels and interior worth £1K and I'm only after £3.5K it's an absolute bargain! Click on the link in my sig and let me know what you think! [/shameless plug]

EDIT: I'm not a million miles away from you either!

Oops I did post that yesterday, but couldnt find it this morning Doh, ha ha

my raddo §6v I had went quite well for a heavy old lump, I'd love a vr but il see whats around and keep looking?

Just curious as to what the 8v raddo's are like

I want a fairly fast car, not to be blatting around tracks/roads, just one with a bit of poke, when loaded up, accelerates from junctions quick and can over take with ease,

But fairly good on fuel I do just short of 200 miles a week £30ish pound a week in the 8v golf about £35ish with the raddo 16v

Also why do people say welcome to the money pitt, I had no probs with my raddo, all electrics worked fine, just the rood rubber sills were perishing

Cant beat that exclusive look of a raddo tho in your rear view mirror he he :twisted:

200 miles a week would only cost about £40 in a VR6 averaging about 25mpg which i average every week and i only do short journies and always blast it when i get the opportunity :D

well, if ypu've got a mk3 2.0 8v you know what the engine is like! the corrado is heavier also... so it will be a tad slower.... if you've got a colour concept then sell it for top wack and get a VR,,, by all accounts you'll end up wanting one sooner or later.... ;)