Sign in to follow this  
joby

Hard work! But Worth It

Just polished and waxed the corrado after doing the dreaded heater matrix, All nice and warm with no steam on the dash now. Thought id clean the inside and do the leather aswell, I bought a car polisher and used auto glym resin polish and then waxed her with autoglym wax. what a diference, Hard work but worth it..

heres a couple of pics

Looks great... Good work.

Always a nice feeling when you stand back and admire it after the cleaning.

Thanks! I noticed that after youve layed on the polish and then change over to the woolen bonnet thingy it leaves a bit of residue on the car so i used a microfibre cloth to finish, pleased though

I was going to sell up and buy a nice VR6, My mate has pestered me all last year to buy it for£2500 which i know is not bad money for a 91 valver but she has full leather and 68000 miles and ive spent a fair amount on her over the five years ive owned her, she is on sorn at the mo but i think i will hang on for a bit longer yet, Ive looked at 1995 VRs and theyve not been as tidy so what do you do..

I was going to sell up and buy a nice VR6, My mate has pestered me all last year to buy it for£2500 which i know is not bad money for a 91 valver but she has full leather and 68000 miles and ive spent a fair amount on her over the five years ive owned her, she is on sorn at the mo but i think i will hang on for a bit longer yet, Ive looked at 1995 VRs and theyve not been as tidy so what do you do..

Get a VR :D

hi joby

good work there. looking lovely now.

What polisher did you use?

Also you say about AG wax?? which product was this then as AG dont actually produce a wax.

The super resin polish is a fantastic product though. massively underrated

jedi-knight it was the extra gloss protection and i bought a cheap blackspur cleaner, only £12.99 but it did the job and to be fair it feels quite good quality

heres a pic

Just got a VR for my daily and I must admit compared to my low mileage valver it is a shed!

But the VR is a lot of fun to drive without thrapping it.

Car looks great in the pics, makes a big difference not having any/many stone chips on the front. 8)

They just put "wax polish" on the tin to prevent criticism ya think!! :lol:

JOBY - Thats a great colour C and the rims look spot on.

Sounds like your person who likes their car in great condition - i got rid of such a tidy almost mint condition G60 for a VR which isnt upto my standard of condition on the bodywork, i still miss the G60 :roll:

Unless you know a bodyshop, spraying is expensive and you prob wil struggle to find a spotless VR for cheap enough money.

ahh EGP is a great product. Its actually an acrylic sealant techinally but its a damn good product and ive used it on my S3 in the pase with very very good results.

Cheers ben, Looks like i will be keeping it a bit longer now. A few mods maybe this year as i was looking at putting £4000 towards the £2500 and getting a nice VR but there so hard to come by now, I was thinking of konis as ive already got eibach springs and boge setup but its a bit of a harsh ride and doing all the bushes and rubbers underneath and the arbs and maybe a cnc head and take it to stealth for the wur mod, ive already got a miltec and a k&N filter so its reasonably responsive now but you never stop wanting do ya...