Sign in to follow this  
zak

Replacing oem vr6 exhaust

The centre box on vr6 is blowing, i would like to just replace the box with a new vag one but when i went to vw i was advised that the back box and centre box are all one piece? If so that means i would have to drop the beam to change it? Besides this i would only like to replace the centre box as the back box is fine?

What has everyone else done? i dont want to go aftermarket as i want to keep the oe refinement!

If so that means i would have to drop the beam to change it?

Ive heard this aswell.

Go for a supersprint if you want OEM refinement

Been recommended to me by several people and will be the one i go for when the time comes..

i really wanted to avoid getting aftermarket and avoide supersprint prices, i'l have to have a think about what to do, the supersprint works out £400+ right?

Can you somehow buy the centre box seperately and is there a way it coul dbe made to fit, i wanted to stay oe.

mk1 campaign, my digicams broken, i'll get pics up as soon as i sort it, its in winter mode right now anyway, the wheels are tucked up in my garage.

If you are only after a certain bit then it may be an idea to get someone to make you a custom exhaust. Dont know much about prices of this but youll only end up buying what you need.

Ive been lead to believe that the superspring cat back system is £350. Get in touch with Vince @ Stealth, IIRC correctly he can get them.