Sign in to follow this  
Ad2408

My old car for sale with less mileage then when I sold it...

Hi

Just to let anyone know who is thinking about buying this Golf GTI

http://http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... GEN&model=

GOLF&min_pr=4000&max_pr=5000&postcode=B73%205QZ&miles=40&max_records=200&modelexact=1&photo=1&hassearched=Y

Eighth one down:

(1991 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1.8 GTi 3dr Hatchback (private)

49,212 miles

GREEN

Petrol

3 Door Hatchback

Manual, 49,212 miles, VERY Rare, Very low mileage, 2 Owners! Capri Green, Late model 3 door Golf GTI 8v. Imaculate and untouched throughout. FSH (15 Stamps) £4,695. )

I sold this car (J772ROM) with over 126,000 miles on it (and I was the third owner at least) about four years ago)

It also had full electric recaros and VDO gauges (neither of which are mentioned)

I'm not saying the vendor has clocked it, maybe he has just used a picture of my car and not one of his own but i'm saying beware!

If anyone wants more information PM me. If you know anyone that is after one please warn them to be careful with this one.

Thanks

Adam

Its not a problem, Autotrader always defaults to my old address anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

Ad

lol! Good stuff :D

Gits though, could have had a dash replaced... odd it's got FSH though... very odd indeed...

I was thinking that...

I sold a minty-mint (fair enough 4-door) silvery Mk2 8v with 70-oddk FSH, etc, on E-Bay about 18 months back for £1350, and I thought that was plenty high enough.

I don't think its the same car, he claims its an H reg, whereas yours was a J, so I think he may have just stolen the photo from somewhere...still, best give him a ring and see what the deal is.

I've Text messaged him, Hasn't got back to me. Strange that he'd steal the picture when he's got the car outside but you never know, wasn't even a good picture though!

Its up on ebay again now, but the numberplate (from what I can see is different) maybe there is a genuine 49k Capri Green out there!

Hi All,

The car that people are questioning is mine.

I have been a member of serveral VW forums for a few years now and always enjoyed them, this one especially. I am upset today as somebody who has inacurate infromation (or made a mistake?) about my golf gti has posted threads on several forums. My car is a H reg, It has 49K miles, FSH, 15 stamps and I have known it's history from new. It is not a J REG, does not have 120K plus miles or whatever.

Before people say I am being harsh and getting over excited then please remember I have paid a lot of money for adverts etc, spent a long time replying to emails etc. This is my pride and joy and it is GENUINE. Nobody has seen it, The winning bidder last time never bothered to see it, he was a timewaster who "bid for his friend".

So please, somebody wants to look at it (with a view to buying), then by all means do so, be critical etc, I don't mind. But please don't slate a car you know nothing about.

Sorry for the rant!

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No-one's trying to be harsh, but the autotrader pic is clearly of the car mentioned! Can't blame anyone for jumping to the conclusion ;-)

Steve

Hi, I wasn't happy with the photo either, Autotrader said they had taken one of my car when I was at work and this is what appeared in the advert.

Hopefully this is now sorted out, but I spent nearly three hours last night trying to defend my car and my honesty on 4 forums and countless emails.

Thanks, Stuart

I don't think you can blame anyone apart from Autotrader then, Ad2408 is just trying to make sure that no-one on the forums he uses buys a clocked car, surly you can understand why he and others thought what they did?

I've never had Autotrader offer to take any pics of my car, or ask for my address (or work address) so i'll make sure in future that I don't give them any details if this is what can happen! Surly it's just outright misleading using a pic of a completely different car and i'd be suprised if this is the first time confusion was caused by it if this is something they make a habbit of doing! - I suggest you get in contact and demand a refund, as you say, you've spent alot of money advertising the car!

Best of luck with sorting it out.

Stuart, if you ring them and raise merry hell, you'll get a free Ad.. ;-) We tend to do it weekly due to their crapness sometimes.

Hi

Just to set the record straight, got a text from Stuart last night (too late too come on here.... on a school night anyway!) and he's cleared it all up.

Sorry for the emails Stu, was just concerned someone was trying to sell 'my' car (after clocking it)

Adam