Sign in to follow this  
Nuggit

My Working Project - 16v Yellow One (Ed: with 'Shopped Rado)

Well, after putting this off (watching American Idol.. Why?) ... some pictures of my 'new' Corrado. This will be a completely different car in 3 months. (Apologies for crapness of cam and Paint, I'm on the craptop)

She's suffered from a lack of recent TLC, but mechanically, is ace. Drives fantastically, no smoke, revs like a good 'un. 120k, FSH, receipts to sink a battleship.

Sat for three weeks, and dragged out from between my garages. On the key!

DSCN0425.jpg

With lovely BBS RM's, in dire need of a refurb.

DSCN0424.jpg

Faded you say? Naaaah .. :oops:

DSCN0423.jpg

Spare RM, twin upswept pipes (not for long), Warning triangle too.. which was nice

DSCN0428.jpg

Sunroof leaks. Bugger.

DSCN0426.jpg

She's filthy inside, bloody dog of some sort...

DSCN0427.jpg

Surprisingly clean engine bay, not a fluid leak in sight.

DSCN0429.jpg

This ... THIS. THING.

DSCN0430.jpg

It will work again, properly. Bodging buggers.

DSCN0431.jpg

Next Week ....

She's migrating into a garage for strip-down and indepth valet. Pictures will follow!

Edit : Let's see how close we can get her to THIS :D

rado.jpg

LOL :lol: Sorry!!

Should be intresting to watch this. Bloody aftermarket sunroof fitters should be shot!

:D Cheers guys!

I must admit, I got it home and thought 'Christ, where do I start'... but it's nowhere near as bad as it looks.

Once the sunroof's leak-proofed, the wheels have been cleaned, and it's had a full valet, it'll be a lot better. The difference should be scary.

The headlining's my only real problem, but push come to shove, it can be fixed.

OOOOOFFFFFFF!!!!!! :)

And BTW, in that engine bay shot it looks like theres a few holes where the ABS unit is mounted on cars with ABS :scratch:

glad to see another nugget being saved ,people say they are rare but they are a few nugget projects and finshed projects on here (as if a project car is ever finshed )

side strips been a talking point on here for a while ,they are in the wrong place to do much good really so for me its all about looks

mine with side strips and with faded paint

fadedcorrado.jpg

and without and fresh paint

corradorear1.jpg

Rob

Hell that's nice Rob... I think I like the strips on, looking at that.

I might go for a respray as well, depending on how well this paintwork comes up. I've a sneaking suspicion that it'll mint up very nicely... but I've been wrong before :D

Walesy : Top spot! Now I wonder what's going on there...

i thought mine would t cut up it did come up better but would not last long and just fade back off tried lots of different stuff even colour stuff (crap) after many hard buffups it started to go down to the white primer on the edges

the hardest thing for me was not polishing it for about six months before i had it painted it faded so badly then i did not even want to wash it ,worth it in the end

my favourite pic

corradons700.jpg

Rob

Someone posted this one up when I had a nugget, for a bit of insperation - they can look lovely, mine grew on me in the end!

i think it looks better with the strips off as the arches look like they stand out more ,loving the black centres on the bbs's ,keep us posted on your project

is the roof a passat glass moon roof or an after market pop up ?

Rob

She's filthy inside, bloody dog of some sort...

DSCN0427.jpg

is that poo on the back seat?! :pukeleft:

bump strips and go-faster stripes off, no doubt

Good luck getting her all ship shape again. The engine bay does look very clean indeed but the potentially 'hacked out' ABS is a bit of a worry.

Great to see another one being saved by an enthusiast. Long live the enthusiast! And his Visa card! :D :)

Rob : Sadly, it's an aftermarket Webasto... it's not all bad though, I've spoken to Webasto (who incidentally are incredibly helpful), and we reckon it can be brought back to not leak. It's electric and everything lol!

Chris : LOL ... thankfully no.. it's sawdust. I had the same initial thought *pukes*

Jim : Cheers mate! She will be restored and used. But I must admit, I'm a bit 'worried' about the ABS. It's going to be thoroughly investigated. Weird thing is, I've already had it on a 4-post, and I never spotted any 'new' brake lines. hmmm.

holes in the bulkhead maybe just from an old alarm or a couple of old alarms

check the spec sticker in the boot enter the codes here to find out

http://igorweb.org/equidec/

strange for someone to pay for abs and not a sunroof ,abs would cost loads more than a roof i think ,and it was 1990 i can see the sale's man saying "it's worth £xxx ,take my word for it in ten years you won't be able to buy a sports car with out it ! " if only we knew what the furture holds

Rob

Rob : That's a top link... much appreciated! Although I was that pushed for time before, I forgot to get the damn code :-( I think you're right though, it'd be an odd thing to have one but not the other, and I bet ABS was a lot dearer.

Meanwhile, in the world here... it was a bit rainy, and I sort of couldn't be bothered moving my bike out of one garage, or the Golf out of the other... SO DOWN THE BODYSHOP WE GOOO .... WEEEEEEEEEEE :D

*ahem* Basically, I'm cheating. I'm also going to bin the interior, get some yellow/black bucket seats, and a half-cage :D

DSCN0432333.jpg

You can't see the owner of the bodyshop, as he's off sobbing in his office.

GODDAMMIT Beeftech!

Have you seen the photoshop I've done? Christ I wasn't expecting to be original, but damn. Identical apart from the strips.

Right. Re-think.

Git.

:D

Edit : AND I've been looking into 'charging. This is spookily annoying ;-)