Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

headlight level adjusters (electric)

no real need to get personal , thought we where allowed to express an opinion on here or did i miss something :hitler:
Are you really that challenged as to not understand why you received abuse from the very people doing the mod when you post a remark like that? Especially when you didn't bother to find out why I'm doing the mod in the first place. You really are a tool.

:sleeping:

Quite a handy thing to have if you drive around with a lot of weight in the back.

Corpses and such like

Like the idea of this. Never knew the Corrado even had this option ! :ignore:

As demonstrated in the Tempromat (cruise control) thread, my knowledge of Corrados is severly lacking!!

Would like some more info on the motors if poss and how they fit onto the headlights? Cheers :D

I always get flashed, probably for the same reasons as Coolrado, I keep adjusting the ride height, so it would be nice to adjust the level with motors!

it's really simple to fit the motors, first twist the base of the manual adjuster anti clockwise ( this may be very stiff ) this should then pull out a bit revealing the end of the adjuster.

now remove the cap on the back of the light and pull the reflector towards you which should make it easier to get at the clip, then you will need to unclip the white plastic clip that holds the ball end of the adjuster, you may need to make a little hook to get behind the clip to remove it, its the bit the arrow is pointing to you need to lever away and then pull out ( should be obvious once you can see it ).

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfclip.JPG[/attachment:2m2e4yfu]

before you fit the motor you may need to adjust the shaft to roughly the same length as the manual adjuster, and make sure both sides are the same ( the shaft should twist in and out ).

then just fit the motor by pulling the reflector towards you so you can clip the end of the shaft in then insert the motor and twist it clockwise.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdflight motor.JPG[/attachment:2m2e4yfu]

light.JPG[/attachment:2m2e4yfu]

I robbed the motors from my Seat Arosa (1998) Part No. 0941295A (same as Corrado) and the rods are just the right length. The A is important in the part No. btw. but you can always just lengthen the rods of others. The switch is £36 from the dealers, and the wiring is really easy. So in all it's a really easy not very expensive mod provided you can find some motors on ebay or suchlike. I have two at home that need the rods lengthening but it really wouldn't be difficult if someone wants them, tenner each.

I robbed the motors from my Seat Arosa (1998) Part No. 0941295A (same as Corrado) and the rods are just the right length. The A is important in the part No. btw. but you can always just lengthen the rods of others. The switch is £36 from the dealers, and the wiring is really easy. So in all it's a really easy not very expensive mod provided you can find some motors on ebay or suchlike. I have two at home that need the rods lengthening but it really wouldn't be difficult if someone wants them, tenner each.

looks like at least the last part of the part number is the same as the ones I erm ....borrowed from the works 2001 vw caddy^^^, so they are probably the same, just adjusted differently to suit different lights, they should all have adjustable shafts that just wind in and out, the motor only moves them a few mm but they can be adjusted much more to fit different lights.

535941295A is the Corrado part No for the adjuster motors, sorry I got it wrong, the only important bit though is the 295A, which is the actual part No. the rest as you probably know is what car etc which doesn't really matter.

Love this idea, would work well with HIDS too, drop for MOT up for Daily/Country roads/annoying Bimmer X3/5/6's! (who all seem to have one badly adjusted light from factory!)

How does this affect the inital setting up of the lights to level though? Do you have to keep popping the motor unit out and fiddling with its shaft (expects a visit from Toad/Dom after that comment)

How does this affect the inital setting up of the lights to level though? Do you have to keep popping the motor unit out and fiddling with its shaft (expects a visit from Toad/Dom after that comment)

Yeah, if they are not correct when you get them you will need to wind them in or out a bit, but i just put mine along side the manual adjusters and set them the same as them.

535941333A for the switch Kev.

Just for info, that number comes up as obsolete on VW's current parts system.

But.... if you stick an 01C on the end, it shows as back ordered (2 weeks, minimum) :cuckoo:

It's becoming a chore getting original parts for these cars now, from the dealer at least..... That ArZ tuning place seems a bit overpriced to me? But they seem to have some good parts!

Does anyone need the electric adjusters as I have a pair... One brand new and one used - hopefully make a pair if they are not sided!

Yep, not sided, so they should be fine as a pair.

Does anyone need the electric adjusters as I have a pair... One brand new and one used - hopefully make a pair if they are not sided!

How much are they new? For now I was just going to get the switch and motor looms all wired in and then get the motors at a later date....