mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

intrested to see the wheel choice we all wait with baited breath :D

my moneys on 3 spoke nova alloys are they 16's never seen them on a c :lol:

Just when I think i've got my wheel choice sorted, someone else throws in a good idea. Decisions decisions... :? :lol:

intrested to see the wheel choice we all wait with baited breath :D

i hope there not, 3 spokes never look right on a corrado but ive been wrong before :)

Right just a quick update. with Christmas and new year out of the way, and me having survived the busy period at work I'm settling into another year of corrado ownership and doing some repairs! :lol:

First up is all new front wishbones, ball joints and ARB drop links

DSC00020.jpg

And also new ARB bushes and rear axle bushes

DSC00019.jpg

Hoping to get this little lot fitting next week and should sort some of the handling issues I've been having recently, plus as they are all genuine VAG parts it should feel like it just rolled out of the factory. I'll be posting more pics as and when the work happens. 8)

Dont suppose you could do me a favour and post up the prisces abd part numbers for that little lot please..

Ive got the rear axle bushes arriving on friday and the car is stripped ready but am keen to do the front..

Here you go mate.

1H0407152/1H0407151A - left/right front wishbones (inc bushes) - £75 each

1H0501541A - Rear axle bushes - £30.64 each

191411314 x 2 - ARB Bushes - £2.29 each

191411334 x 2 - ARB Bush clips - £1.31 each

1H0407365 x 2 - Ball Joints - £18.50 each

various bolts/screws etc

All vag parts but I got a bit of discount by asking nicely at my local dealer. Hope this helps. :D

Nice one mate, quite keen to do the front end in the very near future once the rear end is all sorted..

Keen to hear how you find the car once its all done..

Cool

Nice work Mic. Currently planning and replanning these jobs on mine. Gonna give the AVS stuff a go I think. Possibly, or maybe the original wishbones with new R32 rear bushes and AVS front bushes. Hmmmm. Can't make my mind up.

Bet she'll be awesome to drive after this.

I've heard that the rubber bushing on the power steering rack is well worth doing too...

Goldie, are you going to the rolling road day in April mate?

If so I'm happy for you to take it out for a spin, see what you think.

Toad, good idea on the power steering bushes. I'll try to get on to that as well. Same offer to you if you want to go out for a spin in it at the RR day.

My car is gonna be like some kind of corrado hussy! :lol:

Lol.

I'd better not. Everytime someone offers me a lift or a go with a car I end up buying one shortly after!

No. Soemthing will happen and I'll end up with a blue one or something stupid. Lol. :lol:

I did consider spraying the VR moonlight blue.

Am hoping to be at RR day in April with the Corrado, fingers crossed ill have done all the bushes by then but if not i may take you up on that offer...

Right just a quick update. with Christmas and new year out of the way, and me having survived the busy period at work I'm settling into another year of corrado ownership and doing some repairs! :lol:

First up is all new front wishbones, ball joints and ARB drop links

DSC00020.jpg

And also new ARB bushes and rear axle bushes

DSC00019.jpg

Hoping to get this little lot fitting next week and should sort some of the handling issues I've been having recently, plus as they are all genuine VAG parts it should feel like it just rolled out of the factory. I'll be posting more pics as and when the work happens. 8)

nice, this is kinda what i did a while back. but reckon i missed some bits, think i'll get the rear bushes this time round, will wait to see how yours goes tho :)

nice, this is kinda what i did a while back. but reckon i missed some bits, think i'll get the rear bushes this time round, will wait to see how yours goes tho :)

Hold on?? You changed all the fronts and not the rear and yet you mention all the time your car still feels strange to drive?? Well its obvious its going to be the rear bushes really as you will have a nice stiff front and a sloppy rear, get them done! :lol: I only done my fronts and i can tell its the rears that need doing.

Mic mate im still good for next weekend to do all these babies, should be a piece of piss doing all the fronts its just the rears im not 100% on, meh it'll be alright :lol: If the rear one's aint too bad to do you will have to come back and help me do mine another day :D i will be lending a garage and helping hands all day after all ;) :lol:

Mic mate im still good for next weekend to do all these babies, should be a piece of piss doing all the fronts its just the rears im not 100% on, meh it'll be alright :lol: If the rear one's aint too bad to do you will have to come back and help me do mine another day :D i will be lending a garage and helping hands all day after all ;) :lol:

Good stuff mate, I've PM'd you.

Of course I'll be over to help with yours, or you could get all the parts in and we'll have it sorted after mine, we'll be on a roll by that point as well!! :lol:

More updates, spend spend spend!!! :lol:

Kindly provided by BigpantsBaby, 288 brakes. 8) Hopefully these beauties will sure up the stopping power a bit but the big choice now is what colour to refurb them in! decisions decisions.... :lol:

PIC!

DSC00025.jpg

Kindly provided by BigpantsBaby, 288 brakes. 8) Hopefully these beauties will sure up the stopping power a bit but the big choice now is what colour to refurb them in! decisions decisions.... :lol:

I reckon Rumbongo pink!

I reckon Rumbongo pink!

Rumbongo is yellowish?

I reckon Rumbongo pink!

Rumbongo is yellowish?

Shows how much I know :silly:

I reckon Rumbongo pink!

Rumbongo is yellowish?

Sure it was pink... after all you were drinking it Dinks :lol:

Sorry lads but Dinkus is right, guess it hadn't quite affected his eyesight by then, in that Rumbongo is a yellowish colour so maybe I should do the brakes a nice rumbongo gold? 8)

Rob, don't worry mate I think we've got enough to do this weekend as it is! plus I've got to get some braided lines to fit them and I want some mk4 rears to fit at the same time.