mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Ok so i've been on here for what seems like ages but I thought it best to post some pics of my little motor.

brought it just before christmas and its a 1994 VR6, 121K on the clock and at the moment completely standard.

Needs some paintwork cleaning up but hoping to start getting this all sorted as the weather gets better.

anyway, Pics from the day i picked it up

72_3.jpg

29_3.jpg

2b_3.jpg

And no it's not a private plate......s

Edited by mic_VR

Looks a really good one. 8) Nice to see a standard one too! (Though personally I don't like the standard orange side repeaters - would look better with clear or smoked IMHO)

Cheers guys

MK1Campaign, don't think it was on pistonheads, but i got the ad off of ebay!

Can is generally in good condition, interior is spotless, although at some point it's had a bit of a dodgy blow over on the front and rear bumpers. Hoping to get this sorted soon

So far I've just been doing mechanical things on it. New aero wipers, new brakes and hoses all round, new cat, full service, new tyres etc etc.

And next on the list is new exhaust, rear bushes are shot, and need new sunroof seal and wiper guides (front outsides) as these have gone a lovely mouldy colour.

Phil K, no promises and it's likely to all change BUT a possible vision of the future?

mincymoddedcopy.jpg

Thought and ideas?

well the one's in the dubmodder mash up are TT 17's but not sure yet......

Managed to get outside over the weekend and give the C some love in the form of a 3 step treatment. I think it looks pretty good but I'll let you guys be the judges.

Mincy0804200707.jpg

Mincy0804200708.jpg

One of the owner as well! :lol:

Mincy0804200704.jpg

Mincy0804200714.jpg

Mincy0804200717.jpg

Mincy0804200712.jpg

Mincy0804200701.jpg

My friend took all the pics and we got about 130 images in the end. I've not had a chance to go through them all yet but if I turn up anymore good ones I'll be sure to put them up on here.

Managed to get outside over the weekend and give the C some love in the form of a 3 step treatment. I think it looks pretty good but I'll let you guys be the judges.

That second pic with the grass in the foreground looks superb 8)

Lovely car mate, but I can't help noticing you're wearing 3/4 length trousers in one of the pics.

We'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time, but if they come out again you're barred :)

We'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time, but if they come out again you're barred :)

Yeah, he's always doing things like that! :lol:

Mic, the VR looks stunning in those photos, and I'll have to agree with dinkus that the second photo is definately the best! Mrs B once told me to get a good photo, always try and get some depth to the picture with something (not the subject matter) in the foreground!

Lovely car mate, but I can't help noticing you're wearing 3/4 length trousers in one of the pics.

LOL

Lovely looking car meight.

Managed to get outside over the weekend and give the C some love in the form of a 3 step treatment
Yeah when you should have been down at S/mimms with the other Rado owners! ;)

Nice shots Micky but double 6 is right about those troosers....

That second pic with the grass in the foreground looks superb 8)

Yeah thats one of my faves, i'll have to edit it to see if I can get it in the banner! :lol:

And I take it no one likes the 3/4 lengths? You sure? Ok concider them binned...... :(

Ok had a chance to sort some of the other pics out so here you go. (don't worry, no dodgy outfits this time!)

Mincy0804200709.jpg

Mincy0804200705.jpg

Mincy0804200706.jpg

Mincy0804200713.jpg

Mincy0804200715.jpg

Mincy0804200711.jpg

was the car parked in a private underground carpark a week or so ago, in stansted essex?

Sorry mate wasn't me. As i pretty much walk everywhere my car only tends to get driven at the weekends unless I need to use it for work, which is only about twice a year!

I always keep a look out for you when I'm over newport/debden way though! :lol:

CazzaVR, Mr Sands, cheers guys I must admit this is the first time i've really been able to appreciate the pearl paint and I can't stop looking at the pics. I think every car should be made to have pearl paint, Possibly by law! :wink:

Although I have to say that a drop is definitely on the cards now as I can't help thinking that people might be hiding stuff in my wheel arches there's so much room! :( Best get saving......

You and me both mic_VR, it's one of the next things I've just got to do. Got to keep mine as clean as yours too!

just thought I'd post this pic as it made me laugh!

123456.jpg

Weird thing was, I was actually sat in the carpark at my local VW dealer at the time when I noticed it :lol: :lol: