Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

Yeah, shoot up sometime Andy! In the meantime, I've been playing.....

VR6%20and%20box.jpg

OMG Tom, get the tow bar off, thats just all wrong... :)

Yeah, shoot up sometime Andy! In the meantime, I've been playing.....

VR6%20and%20box.jpg

OMG Tom, get the tow bar off, thats just all wrong... :)

Nah he need something to take the "girlfriend" out in! :lol:

ROFL....

But leave Ermintrude out of this... she's a beef animal, she's supposed to be big boned... :D

Been playing with the VR again today, and found a couple of bits that need replacing, and sorted a few of the niggles with it...

Massive thanks to Goldie who popped up and gave me a hand this afternoon, much appreciated!

Took a quick couple of photos of my two roadworth cars and Goldies stunning storm

3%20Corrados%202.JPG

The others can be viewed at:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

A stunning brace in anybodies book. Hats off to thee sirs! :D

Cheers. Luckily I took the picture far enough away to miss the rust and stone chips on my cars... :D

You are very welcome Tom, you know the schrick, cams and BMC make sense!!! :)

In all seriosness you have picked up a cracking car there mate, ok a few things need doing but it would be boring if they didnt, get amongst it and enjoy...

A stunning brace in anybodies book. Hats off to thee sirs! :D

Cheers. Luckily I took the picture far enough away to miss the rust and stone chips on my cars... :D

Nothing to be ashamed of mate. You should see the front bumper on my car up close. Looks like my face when I was fifteen, pale and spotty :lol:. Shows the car is enjoying life in my opinion. It gets to bomb up and down the A14 on a regular basis, when traffic conditions allow of course, and that means stone chips. You gotta watch rust on a white car though. A whole world of pain it is!

Right... More updatage....

The "Masterplan" was to get the 16v up together, sort the paint, the interior, then put a 2l engine in, and possibly turbo. I've already fitted G60 brakes to her. Since I've been to a couple of shows, I decided that I must get the grey drivers seat fixed and put it back in the car, so I ordered a seat back and a bolster, as the edges of the seat were collapsing. I picked the seat back up today, as I had collected the bolster last week.

Seat%20parts.JPG

They came to a total of £86 ish with my CCGB discount, which wasn't too bad. Unfortunately I thought I could afford these until the VR turned up... think I'll be eating tescos value cardboard for the next month...

Anyway, the "Masterplan" has been modified slightly...

I'm going to leave both cars standard, and contiunue to strive to smarten the valver up. I won't ever sell that car, to be honest. I've put too much into it. I'm running the VR until the MOT runs out next month as an extended evaluation period, then make a final decision. I'll need to do a fair bit of work to her, it needs a lot of bodywork, and a few engine jobs. I'll do it all myself to save money, I'm confident enough to give it a go now so it should be interesting! Hopefully I'll never be at a point when both cars are broken.... But they are corrados! lol.

Thats what I like to hear positive attitude :-D two Corrados has to be better than one!

(not sure about keeping the valver standard though :? you know you want that 4 branch and turbo ;-) )

Oh and you do get used to the Tesco value cardboard after a while, I have been on it for months! :lol:

Chuff.

insured and taxed it... Fitted a new coilpack, radiator thermoswitch and auxillary waterpump. Drove it 6 miles, the water pump burnt out and the radiator split as I pulled in the yard...

Hopefully it didn't cook the head as I couldn't get much more water into her as the auxillary pump was rooted. Have bought a new radiator for £85 plus vat, and will try again at the weekend...

The bonnet release cable had been rubbing on the front of the rad, and the top tube wore down until it cracked about 4 cm.

On the plus side I did get to take the front off so I can tidy the front of the engine up a bit and now know that it's a good solid vehicle.

Finally getting there with the vr... had various problems, but could be looking up...

Fixed all the cooling problems, including replacing a pipe. Fitted a stereo, which caused a few other issues... When I put the ipod adapter in the glovebox, I left the light wires dangling around. unfortunately they ended up touching and shorted out. This caused a fuse to blow and the car wouldn't run...

Got to say thanks to Dinkus, Supercharged and Therapor for sitting with me on messenger until the light came on above my head.

Going to fit a new mk2 diesel gearbox mount tommorrow whcih will hopefully sort the gearshift out a bit, and it ought to be good for a few more miles...

This week, the multi talented mr beige has been fiddling with my 16v throttle body, resulting in this....

Cheers dude!

Otherwise not much has occured, apart from boring maintainence and the 16v sitting on the drive....

This week, the multi talented mr beige has been fiddling with my 16v throttle body, resulting in this....

Cheers dude!

Not that talented, otherwise I would still have skin on my fingers :lol:

So, when is this gonna be back on the road then dude?

Bit dependant on getting a new job, but it will have to be soon as the vr isn't far off 3000 of it's 10k mile policy, and it's been about 2 months :(

Got the throttle body on and the pipework to it, might need to change the elbow onto it, and the elbow on the metering head as they are pretty wanky.

Need to do the seals in the clutch slave cylinder, the rear top mounts, put the battery back on, try to work out what the random over heating was the other day, get it moted and taxed. Really looking forward to driving it again actually. Been missing it quite a lot.

Took the bike carrier off the vr yesterday, and might clean it a bit today, need to flush the coolant, clean and condition the leather, put new rear shocks on, and fiddle with the gearbox.

Quite a lot to do really...

the elbow on the metering head

I've got a nearly new one of these, only year old. Cost £26 form the stealers....£15 inc P&P?

I've got a nearly new one of these, only year old. Cost £26 form the stealers....£15 inc P&P?

Oooh, I'll have it. Can I collect??

Oooh, I'll have it. Can I collect??

You can collect if you want to.... :?