Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

Awesome! That DBP driver is a lucky guy :salute:

I'm tempted to pick up some new injectors also, but at £20ish quid a pop, it's not really a "on the offchance" kind of part to just swap out!

I'd swap them anyway, they made a big difference to my starting on warm days.

There's some merc ones you can buy and just fit your end caps which work out cheaper.

Cool, cheers :D

I read somewhere that injectors are actually a service parts and should be changed after 70/80k??

I have heard about these Merc ones on a few other forums, so will be looking into this in future!

Do you know whether you can replace the injector in the CSV or whether it's all a one-piece? I guess they're only about £10 s/h anyways.

Cool, cheers :D

I read somewhere that injectors are actually a service parts and should be changed after 70/80k??

I have heard about these Merc ones on a few other forums, so will be looking into this in future!

Do you know whether you can replace the injector in the CSV or whether it's all a one-piece? I guess they're only about £10 s/h anyways.

Ref the injectors its going to be the same as everything else, get new ones in or old ones properly cleaned and they will produce a better spray pattern and therein more consistant performance in line with the ECU map.

Today I have mostly been taking the day off, so I started fiddling with the cars.

Firstly the Corrado badge on the Valver was falling off, as I discovered at BVF, so I picked clips up and whipped the badge off.

I cleaned the back of the car up with petrol to remove the stodge under the badge (not all would come off, but I got bored and the boot was going to fill up with rain if I didn't get on, so I clayed, scratch-xed the patch, followed by megs stage 1 and 2, and a good coat of carnubra wax, I then took the badge indoors and gave it the same treatment, bit tricky with all the little holes in the lettering, but I'm really glad I did it.

Badge%20Resized.jpg

BAdge%203%20Resized.jpg

Badge%202%20Resized.jpg

Feeling rather pleased with myself, I then started on the VR, I've been fannying around with the interior for ages now, but I guess some mechanical parts need some Toad love too. Hopefully the interior will be going back in later this month, but while I fiddle with that, I also want to repaint my new shocks. They had a few small patches of rust, so I stripped them right back and have put 2 layers of Zinga in them, before I get some yellow paint to finish them. I am rather dissapointed with the Zinga, defnitely feel that spraying rather than brushing would get a better result, but the main thing is that the shocks *shouldn't* rust again, guess we'll see.... Sorry about the quality of the pics it appears i shake whilst holding a camera phone :(

Shocks%201.jpg

Shocks%202.jpg

otherwise ,I'm building a nice pile of parts for the VR :)

Nice badge polishing and shock refurbishing. Will get you showing the car yet :wink:

Hehe.

I do like it when the car is shiny, but I couldn't show it. far too many stone chips which makes me sad, as I absolutely love the colour. Hopefully, will get it all polished and waxed soon. Going to do a panel a night in my drive. :)

The VR is going to be quite utilitarian too, new paint, but it won't be show&shine standard judging by my wobbly hands :lol:

Nice work.

I don't have what it takes to make a show car,but I do hope to tidy it up one day.

:)

Do you think you will get to the Vr's engine this year ?

Nice work mate :-) I hear you have recently had a new addition to your collection...... when do we get to see some pics of all three lined up nicly outside Toad hall? :lol:

Needs more ferret. Or stoat :lol:

You had a far more productive day than I did...

Nice work.

I don't have what it takes to make a show car,but I do hope to tidy it up one day.

:)

Do you think you will get to the Vr's engine this year ?

Cheers dude, yeah, hope to have suspension, paint and interior done for Octobertime when the last of my VR engine parts will arrive, to be followed by some port matching, shot blasting painting and rebuildage. Need to have her done by Christmas or there will be cattle sat on the bonnet. ;)

Nice work mate :-) I hear you have recently had a new addition to your collection...... when do we get to see some pics of all three lined up nicly outside Toad hall? :lol:

Yeah, hopefully we'll clear a barn out this weekend, so I'll get some snaps of the lineup. I did take it up the lane to make sure the battery was good and get everything turning and free :)

Wind in teh W1LL0WZ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Needs more ferret. Or stoat :lol:

You had a far more productive day than I did...

:(

Thanks to Mr Monkey :clap: , I have more information on Zinga. It would appear that it's supposed to turn back to a liquid phase when more Zinga is put on top which makes me think that spraying is definitely the way forward. The layer cures with exposure to moisture and air, curing can be sped up by spraying water onto it. :shock:

I will mostly be buying hammerite special metal primer, and satin black and finishing the top mounts in the near future. :)

Cheers for your comments. :)

I have mostly fitted a set of G60 BBS wheels recently, thanks to DanVW who lent them too me.

I love them and will be looking to buy a set sooner or later :)

Other than that I haven't been doing nearly enough to my cars recently. Here's some pics with the wheels anyway.

BBS%201.JPG

BBS%202.JPG

BBS%203.JPG

BBS%204.JPG

BBS%205.JPG

BBS%206.JPG

BBS%202.png

That Rover makes me horny.

I prefer freely bouncing breasts.

I'm such a weirdo. :scratch:

What's wrong with snuffling a pair of soiled y fronts while sitting your balls on an electric fence? You losers....

You think the outside of the Rover makes you horny...... Wait till you sniff the drivers seat :lol:

You think the outside of the Rover makes you horny...... Wait till you sniff the drivers seat :lol:

On second thoughts, I think I'll stick with the electric fence...

Love the tractor! Loving the G60 rims too- always a lovely wheel, just absolutely horrible to clean :lol:

Tonight I mostly filled it with 50.5l of fuel. I have driven 429 miles since I last filled it. I got 38.6mpg :) Plus the MFA said 35.4mpg.

35+mpg from the tank AND MFA?! We have a winner....

That's Otter power for ya!