Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

Afternoon! I thought I would put a few pictures of my 1990 16 valve up.... It's pretty standard except for a twin DTM back box and a black drivers seat.... The grey one was knackered... :-P

Rain%202%20Resized.jpg

Rain%20Resized.jpg

Front%20Resized.jpg

Rear%20Resized.jpg

These are all older photos of the car, probably about a year old at least.... I'll have to take some new ones soon.

Eventually I hope to refit a decent grey seat, wack in a 2l engine and get it resprayed as I seem to have picked up a hell of a lot of stonechips to the bonnet and plenty of scratches all round. It does spend quite a lot of time dirty, but I'm hoping to have a bit more spare time to sort this out.

I'm quite a big fan of the way the corrado looks and want to keep mine on the sebrings and standard suspension, although the saggy rear springs are starting to make the nose look higher than the rear these days.

I'm also lucky enough to have picked up a spare corrado, which lives in a barn annoying my parents and slowly having parts removed from it.

Lol, I've just noticed the corrado's predecessors in the background, the 'Maestro of love' and my old mk1 Feista, nice huh? :wink:

haha, nice one otter boy, I just stuck some pics up yesterday too :)

Maestro of love, WTF is that about Tom or should i not ask...

LOL!

The maestro picked the nickname up at somepoint when I was at uni... Everything had an of something name, it was a habit of mine, hence Maestro of love, Castle of Doom... etc.

Just took a couple of pictures of my rado mid polish. I stood quite a long way back so you cant see the residue...

Corrado%20060407%20Resized.jpg

I also took some pictures of my other beast.... My Leyland 2100.

tractor1%20Resized.jpg

Tractor%202%20Resized.jpg

Tractor%203%20Resized.jpg

It's about 32 years old, on an N plate. All I know is that it lived in Lincolnshire for a while before making its way into hampshire.

It could do with a respray but the bodywork isn't too bad otherwise. It's got a leyland 6.98 engine which is a straight 6, 5.6l putting out 100 hp and about 276 lbft when new. It recently had new liners and rings as the liners had gone porous, and could do with a little bit more work to sort the cooling system and to get the oil pressure back up when it's hot. Could also do with a new clutch and release bearings.

Some larger back tyres would be nice, and new fronts too. But to be honest I rarely use it, so I can't be too bothered to spend money on it.

I just found out that its worth a bit more than my corrado too... Which is always nice.

Has it got leather?

Not yet, sadly i can't fit a later mk5 air seat, so I'll have to retrim the original along with the rest of the trim.

needs lowering, and some polished wheels and it'll look well good!

I'm lucky in that it has the rare PAVT wheels with the flat centres so that I can adjust the offset whenever I want without spacers. I just need to polish them and get them lacquered. Also have the 16.9(14) r 34 tyres which are clearly lower profile than the standard 16.9 r 34. It has meant that I had to make some alterations to the rear hitch clear speed bumps when I go through the drive through maccy Ds

Door handles been replaced yet?

Not yet. Luckily I have some rear handles off an estate. these look better (De-locked) and will mean I don't have to climb in throught the back window, which doesn't impress 'Chell, when we're at the Winchester cruise... Talking of which I need to get the ICE sorted. The old MW/LW head unit got nicked :mad: along with the chrome headlamps... Bloody pikeys. So I've only got the single custom speaker in the roof pod.

Loving the rat look on the tractor

Cheers fella. Glad someone appreciates it. It's been hard getting all the retro stickers and oil leaks just right. Getting the fan belt to fray and look shagged out took me weeks!

I'll be doing all the shows this year with my mates off the New Holland forum... Maybe see you at BVF (British Vegetable Festival) in the summer or I might be at No-Townie next month if you're around.

Right... I'm off the crack now, so I will begin by showing off my new brakeage..

Caliper%20on%20step.jpg

Finished%20Wheel.jpg

Some time back I bought a set of 280mm brakes from a vr and finally got round to fitting them along with new goodridge hoses.... Before fitting them, well last night, I repainted them silver using hammerite smooth something. I wish I'd done it a few days back as they were still a bit tacky, and grubby fingerprints and brake fluid soon marked them... oh well... they shouldn't be too bad to re do in the future now.

I intend to do a wiki article on this process, which will clearly encompass pad and disk changing...

I'll get some better ones up once it's clean.

Cheers!

The calipers were only 2 years old when I bought them and just needed wire brushing to clean them up. although a wire wheel would have done a far better job. I did my best cleaning the carriers up too, but they really needed a wire wheel on them. Nevermind, maybe next time. At least it shouldn't corrode any more now...

Well. I've still got to post more pictures of the brake conversion up. But... in addition to my poor old H reg Valver, and the spare red corrado, I now have.........

A N reg VR6, it's white with black leather interior, lots of dents and patches of rust, but it looks pretty solid, and it might be here to stay, if not it'll be in the parts for sale section. :lol:

Here're some rough pictures from it on the lorry. It should make it home tommorrow night, when the lorry is repaired.

It's got 133k on it and fvwsh up to 88k, needs a battery charger and the tyres blown up, but it was spot on for the money ;)

She's got a original tow bar, and no grill due to the bonnet cable being broken, and ought to smarten up with a lick of paint.

Lucky bugger. Would kill to get that leather off you!! :(

Looks cracking in white :)

Cheers guys. Couldn't believe my luck when it worked out... To be honest. I am not a fan of corrados in white, but it came up at the right time. Think I'll use it as a daily and save the valver for nice days out.

yum, i like white ones. Very low, black rims with a polished lip, black roof and get rid of the rubbing strips....hmmm...fancy a vr estate? lol

nice one buddy , well done

Gav

Nice one mate :-D now a 3 Corrado family eh... Just need a G60 to complete the set!

Missing the best one IMO ;-)

Toady.. two words....

You......

Git!

:lol:

Nice moves to get that... only problem is now you'll end up looking for a blower as almost every other VR owner does.. ;)

Break the T-cut out it'll be good as new!