Sign in to follow this  
bighairymuppet

disapearing cars

I live in glasgow and dont use my car at all at the moment and have been currently doing it up for an mot (got valid road tax). Anyways i went to work on monday went out to my mates and came back this morning to find my car gone and big holes in the road, same happened to my neighbour. No notice no nothing.

there now a letter with a number on it stuck to our door but its for the wrong f'in street .

Also the number rings out and gets to answerphone which says mailbox fulll.

ARGHHH!!!!!!! Maybe i should just have let that guy have me car for £500 after all....

JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE MY DISTRESS .

Sorry as for holes the water board are diging it up but aint given us any notice.

I thought thats what the number was for as its strathy police that have lifted them all. thankfully id dont need mine the now (was going to book it in for mot though ). argh!!!

car has tax but no MOT and no its not been taken away coz of that. literally the water board musta stuck up notices last night about moving cars then lifted them this morning so they could dig their holes we got no notice what so ever.

I stayed over at may mates house so wasn't home this morning and theve all gone. my neighbours brand newish volvo has been lifted too...

argh tried the number again same scenario - no answer.

IIRC they have to give more than 24hr notice if non-emergency work.. call the local plod station number will be in the phone book...

DON'T admit to no MOT unless they ask...

found it wahey! was parked on a nearby street (well nearish about 4 streets away) they moved all the cars there so we found them all but what a palava that was , biggest game of wheres wally ive ever played.

Anyway decided not to move it (push it or tow it incase anyone wonders) as they are digging up so many streets round here. Only got to look forward to a day without water tommorow.

Couldn't work on the car and it was such lovely weather too (cold but sunny). :roll: :cry:

Roads closed till sunday and its near a football grounds argh!!!!

That's just plain wierd.

I would complain to the water board anyway, they moved your car and the contact number/s was no use.

I had a quick scan over it may have a new scratch on door about an inch long but i dont know if that was there before they moved it (s ome fecker may had done it whilst it was sitting).

I dont know how they moved it but it must have been a crane lift see if i find out theve f*cked my handsbrake by dragging it onto a truck ill kick their ass.

Definite complaint letter going in. What a freaky day.

I had a quick scan over it may have a new scratch on door about an inch long but i dont know if that was there before they moved it (s ome fecker may had done it whilst it was sitting).

Of course it`s a new scratch, you did not give them your prermission to move it and you were not present to supervise the removal,so any damage caused they are legally responsible :wink:

Cant believe you're so calm with this, i'd big kicking off big time!!! They cant just move your things round, especially when its a blumin car!!

Of course it`s a new scratch, you did not give them your prermission to move it and you were not present to supervise the removal,so any damage caused they are legally responsible Wink

yep pity cant get a full respray out of it. The buggers have only just started to fill the holes in today. argh!

So the summary is you cannae trust anyone these days even the polis are thieves lol.