quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

bought myself some new coilpacks from tps, not cheap but better than being off the road again. Ill fit all new ones to the car and keep one use one as a spare and sell the others on.

Struggled to get a heated seat loom so Ive got the parts to make one up instead.

• Like 1

Picked these up on Thursday. Need a good clean and refurb but happy with the way they make the car look. I like the contrast of beige and black.

2010-12-05125616.jpg

2010-12-05125624.jpg

2010-12-05125631.jpg

2010-12-05125729.jpg

Just noticed on the second pic that you don't have plastic strips on you door sill. Did you take these off or never have them? I'm thinking of taking mine off, and am wondering how they are fixed. Can't find any detail in a manual I have, which makes me wonder if some cars didn't have them.

Cheers

dalhalvaig, the strips were removed during the respray. Just havent got round to replacing them.

In other news, just had a nice bit of carbon fibre turn up, will take pics and give more details soon. Cheers Josh, great dealing with you as always.

As promised. Will be painted body colour soon

DSCF50261.jpg

DSCF50251.jpg

The original is about 18kg, the carbon one is just 7kg!!

Edited by quicky1980

looking good man. i always wondered if this blue would work with carbon but i think it needs to be body coloured!

Looking good. i was going to paint mine but i don't think it will look all that good painted there not very flat. But if you want it painting i know a good body shop my car is there at the mo and its close to Peterborough.

Yup Josh, very nice indeed. Just toying wether to paint, leave laquered.

Onestep. Let me know about this body shop as Im looking out for a decent place. Are you coming to the local gathering on April 16th?

Yup Josh, very nice indeed. Just toying wether to paint, leave laquered.

Onestep. Let me know about this body shop as Im looking out for a decent place. Are you coming to the local gathering on April 16th?

I can pm his number to you if you want. He is in yaxley go down and check out my car's new paint and see for yourself he is a wicked painter.

Would love to come down but im not in the country till the 22nd april.

if you're after a good bodyshop, auto chip & dent in hereford (on beech business park in three elms) are very good

that is if you're back in hereford any time to get it done...

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

sorry - the car is looking really good by the way!

and yes, defo get the bonnet painted!

Cheers Pete. Will check them out if I end up being in that area for a while.

I keep forgetting how light the bonnet is each time I go to open it. Its great but can't get used to seeing the carbon weave. Am considering fitting a fibre glass version which is just as light and getting that painted instead. Someone else can then enjoy the real carbon look.

Yesterday i was quite active. I rebuilt the two seat harnesses and checked that the seats work and all seems good with the motors and heating. I just need to take the seats out and run the looms through the interior.

I then drove back to Walsall to sort out the custom exhaust that was fitted a week or so ago as I was still finding it too loud. Jay at MIJ, was brilliant, we went through all the possibilities to sort it and ended up fitting a different back box FOC. I was worried at first that that wouldn't be enough but I trusted his judgement. Once sorted he called me through to see the work and have a listen. Instantly it sounded better but I went for a quick drive to check. Such a difference, not more undesirable droaning, instead a nice subtle tone throughout the rev range and different engine loads. I returned back to MIJ with a smile and shook his hand. Ill post up a separate thread about them so if anyone wants info on MIJ they can have a read up.

Besides all that, ive been trying to diagnose the poor starting issue. Every so often she won't start on first crank. Battery seems ok with charge but is getting old. Will keep checking as it seems to be getting worse. :-S

Edited by quicky1980

i've read this thread loads but never replied, I can only dream to get my motor anywhere near this level, credit to you.

i like the carbon weave look, i'd leave it, or sell it to me lol :)

cheers airde, if I do sell then Ill let you know.

Well, Ive been driving round for a week with no horns, it was a nuisance not being able to warn others on their stupid driving and them getting close to me several times, good job Ive got the power and brakes to avoid any problems. But I thought it best to sort the issue out, so bought some new horns from Halfrauds, not normally where I would normally be found but I was told they sold horns very similar to the VW's at a slightly cheaper price. Unfortunately they were a bit smaller than the originals and the terminals werent vw type so had to make a loom to get them to fit up to the car but thankfully they sounded pretty good and not tinny as I thought they may end up sounding like.

Also, got started on tinting the spare rear lights all red. Prepped and tinted them and are just drying off ready for laquer on another day.

Went through a bit of an issue problem solving the latest problem. My car would intermittently not start even if cranked several (and many) times even with full battery and while on jump leads! Started to think it was a dead engine but I think it may just be a faulty ignition switch. Am currently driving round by bypassing the switch, effectively hot wiring it. All seems perfectly fine now so will order a new switch. phew!

Trying to get ready for GTi springfest but not finding the time to get the car up to standard, the winter season has messed up allot of my work from last summer :-(

Trying to get ready for GTi springfest but not finding the time to get the car up to standard, the winter season has messed up allot of my work from last summer :-([/quote/]

Rag it down the strip all day! Then no one can get a good look!

not a bad idea!

well, got the new switch and only took 5mins to remove the old one and fit the new one. Instant fix...yipeee!!

Nicely done mate, glad its all sorted.

Quick question for you. Any idea where the 24v's take their oil temp reading from?

Loving the bonnet Sam.

Was hoping Josh would forget I had it when i borrowed it but alas.

You just can't get bored of lifting it open with a couple of fingers.