Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

leather re-colouring finished at last

mate they look excellent 1st to 2nd coat is like night and day

good job

very brave to attempt it in the first place

I'm amazed how well that has worked, in fact, i'm amazed you got anything near a red colour from black leather, let alone the finish you have there!

very impressed.

suddenly my Grey leather has lots of possibilities

very brave to attempt it in the first place

agreed

Standard VR leathers arent they??

Dont think so, i have the multi section leathers in mine, though i much prefer Karl's seat profile.

cheers guys, they are not standard corrado seats, but some recaro's from out a rover 820 coupe. i got them for a good price, and the centres were freshly re-trimmed at sheffield trimmers.

if you wanted to do this yourselves??? i would suggest that you allowed about 4 days to do the dying.

karl

here are the pics of the gear gaitor, would have taken the pic sooner, but due to some major ill health :( not done anything on the interior for ages, but i'm loads better now, so the seats will be done in the next week.

i was gonna go all red on the gaitor/knob, but decided on just doing the gaitor, if i want a red knob?? will just got out for a night in Tamworth. (birmingham people will get what i'm talking about)

karl

here are the pics of the gear gaitor, would have taken the pic sooner, but due to some major ill health :( not done anything on the interior for ages, but i'm loads better now, so the seats will be done in the next week.

i was gonna go all red on the gaitor/knob, but decided on just doing the gaitor, if i want a red knob?? will just got out for a night in Tamworth. (birmingham people will get what i'm talking about)

karl

Good one!

Take my hat off to you Karl, you've done smashing work there. Sorry to hear you've been ill :sad: but happy to hear you're on the mend :smile:

well the passenger seat is in :) just gotta find the plasic stuff that i re-sprayed black, i put them somewhere safe :oops:

hopefully the drivers seat will be in on monday/tuesday.

karl

well done the seats, i'm very very pleased with the results. there is 100% no black showing through, it feels like leather. and i have red recaro's in my corrado, not many people can say that 8)

just sorting a unique way of seat tilting :wink:

karl

and i have red recaro's in my corrado, not many people can say that

Your right with that Karl, its a very exclusive club...

Im sure ill be the first of many to say that they look quality, you should go into business....

They do look absolutely cracking mate! Look well pukka in a dark coloured car like yours :)

cheers guys, i would take a bow Andy, but it may hurt head butting the computer table :lol:

i will be taking on the doorcards next, after my "suspected stroke" illness, i have the use of my right side again, so i'm up to sewing again. so give me about 2 weeks, and the doorcards will hopefully be done.

karl

have to say it again, they look amazing! 8)

briliiant work fella

Well impressed with them mate, really brightens up the cabin - lets be honest with black leathers its a pretty dull place to be! i'm rather tempted by the red or the tan from the site! although i'm not sure the green would be a good look! Did it take you 4 hours to do both the front seats and gaitor then? Is there anything you'd do differently if you did them again or is it a case of following the instructions to the letter? cheers

Karl, to be totally honest, i was slightly sceptical on seeing the first pics and the idea of a red interior in such a gorgeous corrado, but on seeing these 'after' shots, i'm mightily impressed!! Credit where its due!!!

Are you going to add any other little red detailing to the door cards etc as finishing touches, or are you happy with how it looks now?

Looking forward to seeing your car at the shows even more now! :D