Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Some people have more money than sense...

...was in a VW site yesterday and whilst I was waiting for the Brand Manager, I observed a conversation that I found staggering.

Woman walked in (40'ish but trying to look like a 20 year old) and asked if they had any "fast" Golfs in stock.

Sales exec tried to qualify but was obviously stumped when she said its got to be new and blue - no other requirements.

Obviously spotting an opportunity he told her about an R32 they had in stock - 5 door, DSG, leather, sat nav etc etc, he quoted full list price

She asked for a value on her 55 plate Mini Cooper, he gave her a value of £8500, way under book value

I could not believe it when she just took out her credit card, said she'd have the R32 and asked if she could pick it up on Saturday, not only did he not have a test drive she hadn't even seen the car!!!!!!

Dealer made a fortune out of the deal - can't say I blame them for taking advantage of the situation either

The constant whine from the mini's PAS probably send her slightly demented!

I'd love to know how people get credit cards with high enough limits to cover the difference between list price on a new r32 and £8500 :lol:

Jesus H. Its a financial worry to me when I spend £99 on a new head unit!! I can't imagine having that sort of bankroll.. nor the casual and disinterested approach to spending £20,000 on a car you'd neither seen or driven..

these people are the sort that spend money like its goin out of fashion, but will argue for 20p at the counter of your newsagent or supermarket..

:shock:

The constant whine from the mini's PAS probably send her slightly demented!

I'd love to know how people get credit cards with high enough limits to cover the difference between list price on a new r32 and £8500 :lol:

Its scarily easy mate - I hate credit cards, but have a one non the less, and they keep pestering to up my limit. Figures of 12 grand plus were mentioned!!!

no thanks

Someone I know earns about £14K per year, yet has a credit limit on his card of £12K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Heh, and the credit card companies are suppost to be 'responsible'

That woman is mad, or it's a stolen card..

Heh heh that's funny.

My dad's got a credit card with something stupid like a £30k+ limit, but he plays a game whenever he gets a new card to see how much he can put the limit up by :lol:

I don't think they've ever said no either! :lol:

Was it the right colour blue though?

theres a guy i did some work for in Saudi with a blank black credit card. He bought a landcrusier with it one day when his ran out of petrol. Jokingly asked what his credit limit was. His answer? " i dont have one"

Gav

Yeah, they're the (in)famous black American Express cards. They have a half million+ credit limit...

Could do with a bit of rich MILF action. Sure i could do the 'toyboy' thang untill she'd paid for new coillies, top mounts and bushes all round!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got talking to her, obviously seriously loaded husband, he'd just bought a Cayenne and a Discovery

Cayenne and a Discovery

Clearly a couple of impeccable taste :| At least the R32 redeems them a little!

Cayenne and a Discovery

Clearly a couple of impeccable taste :| At least the R32 redeems them a little!

It would have done if she actually knew what she was buying!! I bet it doesnt get any love from them when she does pick it up. They dont sound like car 'enthusiasts'

Yeah, they're the (in)famous black American Express cards. They have a half million+ credit limit...

Credit limit is around the value of a 747.

Could do with a bit of rich MILF action. Sure i could do the 'toyboy' thang untill she'd paid for new coillies, top mounts and bushes all round!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonnyboyo, sounds great; until you realise that she wouldn't look twice at either of us, because we're driving around something which is older than the milk in her fridge, and thus of no consequence! :lol: