Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

Jag XK8s...hmm not as quick as I thought

Spotted one on sunday heading for the m25 out of Bromley.

Followed him through the traffic down the dual carriageway, and then he took a line through the roundabout and booted it down to the m25.

My other half then said "do me a favour, take that Jag will you"

So I booted it too coming off the roundabout, went past him and left him for dust! :lol:

Most amusing :D

As I explained a month or two ago, you don't need a supercharger on a VR6 corrado to match an XK8 inch for inch ..

what sort of power are these things putting out? he wasnt mucking around either, saw the line he took as he went onto the slip road and the rear end twitching on the loose gravel as he tried to get accelerate away. Think the little vw surprised him somewhat :evil:

Nice one

Gav

I used to work for jag (breifly.. most are vile imo) and they are not quick. the XKR and XJR are pretty fast but even they waft... no neck breakers

Er, I have to disagree. I have an S-Type R which will "waft" if you want it to but it will pick up its skirt and sprint too if you switch to the more enthusiastic gearbox programme and get the supercharger properly woken up. It gets a bit thirsty though.

best wishes

RB

yeah, beware the XKR and the XJR's the latter being 2 tonnes of metal, will still give most cars a hatd time. they dont quit! was going to buy one, but they are too 'old man' supposedly!