Sign in to follow this  
MK1Campaign

Satin Silver VR6-Ex OSV-Steering/Suspension overhaul 16/04

Good work Ben, so pleased its in good hands. With being a body man I knew you'd get round to sorting out the odd bits that deserved your attention 8)

Cheers Gareth. Isnt it about time you got yourself another one? 8)

You may be right, it might just be time, but its no small matter finding the right car :wink:

Spent the day at Stealth yesterday having a complete front end steering/suspension overhaul. This lot consisted of new wishbones(powdercoated) and bushes, ball joints, ARB drop links, ARB bushes, Vibratechnics rear engine mount, standard gearbox mount, steering rack with track rods and ends. I also took along another subframe that was powdercoated which recieved new mounting bolts and wishbone bolts. A full four wheel alignment was carried out at the end.

16042008111.jpg

16042008114.jpg

16042008117.jpg

The car really does drive amazingly now. Far better than i hoped.

wow, this is fast becoming one of the best around, i love it!

i did quite a lot of the front end on mine, but didn't do subframe, rack or mounts.

Did you source the rack or did stealth supply that? i still think my probs lie between the steering wheel and rack. did everything else.

wow, this is fast becoming one of the best around, i love it!

i did quite a lot of the front end on mine, but didn't do subframe, rack or mounts.

Did you source the rack or did stealth supply that? i still think my probs lie between the steering wheel and rack. did everything else.

Stealth supplied the rack which came via GSF. Didnt fancy paying the VAG price which was something ridiculous like £380 plus vat without any track rods.

Good work, did you powdercoat you original wishbones or have you bought new ones and coated them?

Subframe look good, look forward to getting all this lot sorted on mine in the coming months..

Corrados are all about the handling and its nice to see such comprehensive work to get it back to its best..... nice work, i cant wait untill i do the same on mine after this weekend.

whats this about a vortech then :D

Lol that may not be fitted till next year. Still need to get clutch and chains done as a precaution then new big brakes.

I only use the car 6 months a year so might run out of time.

Lol that may not be fitted till next year. Still need to get clutch and chains done as a precaution then new big brakes.

same as me want a stage 2 charger but chains noisy so got to do the boring stuff first :wink:

are you going for r32 brakes? didnt it have 312's on before?

same as me want a stage 2 charger but chains noisy so got to do the boring stuff first :wink:

are you going for r32 brakes? didnt it have 312's on before?

Mine arent noisy at all but its done nearly 100k so im not taking any risks. I did think about R32 brakes but now looking into getting an AP Racing kit from the states. It did have 312's on when Gareth owned it but they had to come off when the sppedlines went back on.

Mine arent noisy at all but its done nearly 100k.

i thought they were good for at least 100k but mine are noisy on 95K :shrug:

also noticed you did a cracking job of the body repairs {petrol cap area} etc would you be able to do a similar job on mine?

terry

Mine arent noisy at all but its done nearly 100k.

i thought they were good for at least 100k but mine are noisy on 95K :shrug:

also noticed you did a cracking job of the body repairs {petrol cap area} etc would you be able to do a similar job on mine?

terry

It all depends how the cars been treated in the past i suppose.

As for the body repairs im afraid the answer is no. They wont allow us to do jobs on the side as people have taken the piss in the past. Sorry i cant be of any help.

As for the body repairs im afraid the answer is no. They wont allow us to do jobs on the side as people have taken the piss in the past. Sorry i cant be of any help.[/quote

could i not book it in then? wasnt looking for you to do it on the side ,just want someone i can trust working on the car as i have had a few issues with bodyshops before :wink:

As for the body repairs im afraid the answer is no. They wont allow us to do jobs on the side as people have taken the piss in the past. Sorry i cant be of any help.[/quote

could i not book it in then? wasnt looking for you to do it on the side ,just want someone i can trust working on the car as i have had a few issues with bodyshops before :wink:

I can ask but as a rule they dont do work to the general public. Its a Mercedes Benz refurb centre (not main dealer) that is owned by them and repairs all there own cars.

If i was going to reccomend anyone id say Greg Howell. His work is awesome and thats coming from me who paints cars.

I can ask but as a rule they dont do work to the general public. Its a Mercedes Benz refurb centre (not main dealer) that is owned by them and repairs all there own cars.

If i was going to reccomend anyone id say Greg Howell. His work is awesome and thats coming from me who paints cars.

thanks mate

Such a nice car! Keep it as it is and don't do too many mods e.g. charging it. If you must do engine mods I have an M reg VR on 69k, which I'll happily p/x with you and you can do anything to it! :-)

This is easily my favourite Corrado!

whens it coming out of hibernation for engine work? :D

As of 4pm today the Corrado is no longer mine.

All will be revealed by the new owner on her very soon.

whens it coming out of hibernation for engine work? :D

As of 4pm today the Corrado is no longer mine.

All will be revealed by the new owner on her very soon.

I know who, spoke to him at UDs Show 8)