Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Another one bites the dust... - Sod the cost, i need a rado.

Thats lame...make the other insurance company pay for it. This idiot hit you...and the insurance company wants to write it off? Get a lawyer. Same thing happened to my friend two years ago...he was in the exact same type of accident. Some retard hit him at a stoplight. The insurance company wanted to salvage his car. He mentioned that he was going to get a lawyer...and the insurance company fixed his car. :D

I'd fight it. So you lose your car because some moron hits you? Screw that!

That is some serious BS. One day I save some awesome pictures from you and the next I find this in the search.

You're probably better off with it being a writeoff anyway because you don't want to keep driving it knowing in the next few years it will start to rust away.

It gets pretty depressing until the whole process is over but I hope that this won't cause you to look into other cars. Hopefully the right one will come along shortly.

rapid_rocco, another Blake customer?

Grimmy, that is a horrible sight :( If you need a hand breaking, let me know. Not particularly mechanically minded, but would be happy to help.

Rich knows his stuff.. does good work...

Dont suppose you know Matt Waite.. used to have an Aubergine Edition 1 G60 Golf, with r/h drive conversion, flared arches and BBS's?? Lives/d in Minch...

Nah, don't know him- think I may have seen the car around though. Tom who works for Richard has a Golf G60 as well, doesn't he?

Yeh, Rich knows his stuff, and is really fair with pricing etc. Good guy.

Tom who works for Richard has a Golf G60 as well, doesn't he?

I don't think he does? I know him from just living locally, and how often i took my car down to blakes :roll: He has a peugot 205 gti at the moment, he goes through cars like nobody's business though. Almost everytime i go down he has a different golf or 205 gti. Did you ever see that orange mk1 racer he built? It was amazing.

The search for another corrado is already beginning, my father said he'd lend me some cash to get another one and then pay him back as and when i can, probably from breaking my green one. So if anyone spots a vr6 thats not too pricey drop me a pm cos i'll be very interested.

Cheers for all the positive comments, i'm almost coming to terms with the fact she's actually gone, even if the whiplash hasn't. Its my souvenir...

rapid_rocco, another Blake customer?

Grimmy, that is a horrible sight :( If you need a hand breaking, let me know. Not particularly mechanically minded, but would be happy to help.

Rich knows his stuff.. does good work...

Dont suppose you know Matt Waite.. used to have an Aubergine Edition 1 G60 Golf, with r/h drive conversion, flared arches and BBS's?? Lives/d in Minch...

Nah, don't know him- think I may have seen the car around though. Tom who works for Richard has a Golf G60 as well, doesn't he?

Yeh, Rich knows his stuff, and is really fair with pricing etc. Good guy.

Aint been down saaf for a while, but rich has always done work on my mates cars. Proper sound dude. Dunno Tom personally, but heard his red mark 1 golf was a little bit special.

Bought my old mark 1 scirocco from rich incidently, and my 'rents live in horsley. My brother has a J plate Grey G60 'rrado.. dunno if you've seen it about..

Grimmy - your VR looks awesome on that flat bed dude, even more gutted for you mate.

All the best.

Grimmy, give Richard at Blake a ring- a few weeks ago he told me about a really cracking VR up for sale for £2.5K with leather etc. Prob gone already, but worth a shot. Sounded like it had been very well looked after.

I rang up Rich and got the guys number, going to ring him up tomorrow and see if its still for sale. Rich didn't know if it had gone or not.

I looked at another vr6 today, L reg with 107k on the clock, leather recaro's, but pretty tatty bodywork. A fair few parking dents and damage to the bumper. Not sure what its worth really... Haven't been given an asking price yet. Its all stuff that could be sorted out in the long term provided the engine is sound.

my commiserations. What a waste, buying back from the insurers is the way to go with this though. You can always strip the best bits for your next one....... and sell the rest.......

My insurance company phoned me up today and offered me £1750... Plus i could then buy the salvage back for £207. Thats not too bad really, i was expecting a lot worse for the first offer. I still refused it and said theres no way i could replace the car for that much money, she was mint inside and out!! Well nearly :oops:

They just said i had to send all my documents, log book and service history, and they'd review that offer... I'll slap in a picture of her before the crash where she looks wonderful, and hope for the best! Should have the salvage back soon for breaking though so all you scavengers can stop pm'ing me :p

Send in some Private ads too! From 'trader, here, Fleabay, E38 etc Just to show them how much Good ones go for! Make your case stronger!

Typical of them to offer such a pitiful amount.. they do usually cave in though once you flood them with adverts for similar cars, and some of the examples of money you've spend on the car.

It is a low offer, from our point of view, but they're only offering "book" prices. It's the book that's wrong.

was told by the assessor that viewed my C that the glasses guide said £1600 for a 93 c, but he never uses the guide price. He has a look at autotrader to see what the market price is. He asked me how much I thought mine was worth....I said I had had a look round and expected to pay £4 to £4.5k to replace it with a C in similar condition!! We shall see what the offer comes in at!

I got a call from my insurance company earlier today, to inform me that the other party is disputing the claim. He says that i pulled out in front of him, and he didn't have time to stop! No i'm totally screwed!! Not to mention absolutely steaming mad. If it continues like this then i'll be lumped with the cost of the hire car, which is 477 quid a week, and its my 3rd week of having it. Plus i'd have to make a claim for my car off my own insurance and lose my 3 years no claims. I just can't believe that this can happen!! He was at fault driving way too fast, and i had been stationary at the junction for half a minute or so. What the hell!!

with skid marks on those pics I can't see how he can claim that you pulled out in front of him and he was only travelling at 40mph.............did you get any witnesses?

What an absolute f'ing tw@. Had the same sorta happen to me aswell.

Show the insurance company the pictures.

What a surprise. Sigh.. i'd hate to be put in this situation, but at the end of the day he went into the back of you. You almost always win in those situations mate, so unless he is the most convincing liar in the world, I think you'll still win this one - as you deserve to!

Thank you for your confidence! There was a witness, and he backed up my side of the story on the scene, and my insurance company said they had been in contact with him when i rang them back up. Still having his name and number i rang him up to see what went on, and he hadn't heard a thing from my insurance company!!! He said he'd let me know if he'd still heard nothing in two days time. He said the man who hit me was driving far too fast, was in the wrong, and failed to see me sitting stationary at the junction. Thats what he would tell the insurance company. So hopefully it should all work out in the end, its just become an ongoing saga that i can't wait to get to the end of!!

This is just typical- why can't people be honest? :(

Don't reckon you'll have too much trouble though, mate. You've got good photos + witness, he's just got his word.