Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Edition ONE - Not quite a Corrado i know ;-)

Just incase anyone is wondering who the foobar i am, i was called "mike_g60" then "auberG" now i am "

Now then Mike that is gorgeous, ive seen one of these before and the colour is sensational..

Was gonna take something special for you to get shot of the Rado..

Hope to see this in the metal at some stage in the not too distant..

Thanks Goldie! Yeah the colour really does it for me! very hard to Photgraph tho... as it looks black! dammit!...

There are a few niggles with it .. but these are very minor.. and will be sorted when i have some spare cash... (scuttle tray needs sorting courtesy of rust..)

It goes like a rocket tho! Very nippy indeed! Not quite as quick as the Rado in terms of top speed.. but the low down acceleration is bloody awesome!

When i was down at Darrens a couple of weeks ago we were talking about this car and he spoke highly of it...

Sure youll make this into something special

When i was down at Darrens a couple of weeks ago we were talking about this car and he spoke highly of it...

He would.. he did most of the work on it...lol :D

Looks Lurvley! Love all extras over the std GTI's like Chromolux glass, Electric Recaro's Yum Yum BBS RS/RM's (I can never tell the difference)

Best Colour too IMO! If I could live with a left Hooker I'd consider one!

BTW How clean is that engine bay????????? G60 bays are a nightmare, the only other one I've seen as clean as that is Andy665's Nugget Rado!

Not fancy a Lysholm charger :norty:

Still prefer the look of the rado but im sure when you put your stamp on it, it will look just as good but better.

Nice looking though.

How come you sold up the rado mike?

Cheers guys!

The Golf was really an impulse buy tbh.. i had always wanted a nice ED1 and this beaut came up during a visit to G-werks... IT had everything i wanted, with little work needed, so i thought f**k it!

I still miss the Rado a bit, but tbh.. i was never completely satisfied with it, if you get what i mean.. there was always something that i wanted to change on it.. and could never leave it alone..lol I just wanted to buy a car that was already what i wanted and then add little things to it.. hence the ED1...

If i wanted to make the rado into the car i visiualized it would have cost me an Arm & a Leg! and with holidays and maybe a house purchase next year there was no chance of that.. So rather than keep it i let it go for someone else to play with! :lol:

I bought the ED1 for "top whack" ED1 money and i think i got a good deal tbh.. I had a bit of money tied up in a Lysholm but decided against getting one for the time being as i wanted to keep the bay looking as original as possible.. so rather than a charger I ve got a Super Duper Big valve CNC head coming.. when thats on the car will pretty much be done. ( famous last words :-P )

Very nice motor mate, but then your C was absolutely top notch also!!!! :D

Is it a Wolfsburg Edition or anything, due to the round badges where the side repeaters usually live? I'm not too clued up on mk2's.

Thinking those seats would look awesome in sumptuous black leather......!!!

Not sure if you had a big valve head on your last car - but just fitted one to mine and the difference is huge. Mines not a CNC head though - BV jabbasport head that i've had worked on further at agra eng. you'll love it either way!

Very nice mate. Always had a soft spot for mk2's. I had two of them before I got into Corrado's and still love them!!

Yum Yum BBS RS/RM's (I can never tell the difference)

RS301's I think

You thought about going twin G60 or Eaton M62?

She looks like an aboslute minter.

I am leaving the G-lader on the car for now i think... untill i have some more spare cash.. I am going to get the UR Quattro Valved CNC head fitted first and take it from there... Should be knocking on the door of 250bhp with the G-lader running a 65mm pulley so that will keep me happy for a while... then i might look into new chargers further down the line... but i think the power will be sufficient.. especially in a Mk2 Golf..

Also going to properly look into a nice gearbox and LSD setup... the car is a bit of a handfull at the moment.. it just wants to wheel spin all the time... no good when you need traction...lol

20k between rebuilds... hehe

probably every 1.5 - 2 years... 8)

Theres good 4 psi to be gained when running a 65mm pulley which will make all the difference when running this new head hopefully as its meant to flow really really well for an 8v.

mike when you fitted the 65mm on the old raddo - did you notice a significant increase in power compared to a 68mm? Likewise - since i've the BV head fitted - every other mod now should get increased benefits. the 65mm pulley might be worth looking at...

yes there is defo a difference in my opinion...

When i had the toothed belt with a 65mm pulley the car was making 13 - 14 psi... when i changed to a 68mm toothed pulley it only made 10 - 11 psi.. i could defo feel a slight difference.. the 65mm was a little more lively IMO. it wasnt majorly quicker but its gotta be a difference of about 10 - 20 bhp i reckon