Sign in to follow this  
DUBST4R

Which is faster; Rado VR6 v Honda Civic Type R..?

either way isn't it more impressive that the corrado was acheiving what a lot of cars these days boast about, over 10yrs ago 8)

True, but then a Corrado VR6 cost considerably more than a Honda Civic Type-R does! You'd hope it'd be a lot faster! It was priced about the same then as an absolutely top spec fully loaded Golf R32 would cost now..

Just back home after driving a Civic Type R on a Track Day at Donnington today :D - yes the last two sessions were very wet from which I certainly learnt the point of not getting on the power too quick after a bend. :)

AS for which is faster, I would say my VR - both through the gears and top speed.

However - if I drove both on the track and timed the session- I probably would manage to drive the Type R faster - this being due to the car being almost impossible to get out of shape.

Would be interesting to put a Miltek and Ram Air on the Type R and ask me again though. :lol:

CTRs are reasonably quick for sure. Very low gearing and good engine mapping give it a nice, crisp response low down.

I actually find that more appealing than the 'VTEC' kick, because to my senses, there is no kick. All I can detect is a lot more induction noise and no appreciable surge to the acceleration at all, but I suppose I've been spoiled by force fed VWs for a number of years, so dilutes the senses a tad.

For the money it's a not a bad car. If I could have it's shell stiffness and awesome gear shift in my Corrado, I'd be happy. Honda can keep the rest though. I prefer to get my torque from cylinder filling, rather than revs.

The lack of torque is not a problem. After all an F1 car produces "only" 250 lbft (ish) (from a 2.4 v8!), but you wouldn't call one slow .. ;)

and a F1 car weighs??? :D :D

You'd still be quite happy with the performance of an F1 engine in your lardy Corrado, despite the 7000 rpm idle speed .. (you might need to drop the gearing a bit though .. )

i had a wee spin in my mates ctr last nite...have to say the whole arguement about vtec not having torque..his seemed alright like...still it aint no p1 :D