Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

What's beaten you in your C....?

A chuffing Festa :censored: grrrrrr :censored:

And it was firkin 5 up and i only had the g/f in mine. I pulled onto an A road from a roundabout and put my foot down as you do, i looked in the rear view mirror to see this black Festa on my tail. Kept my foot planted to 90 but we both stayed in the same position :(

It looked like one of those 1.6 Zetec S efforts but was de-badged. Wasn't a nice one either.

Valvers are poo man. I mean, spanked by a 1.6 Fiesta which was FIVE up. :( :(

Doubt it was a 1.6 Zetec. My mate had one of those and he couldn't keep up with me, although my old valver was a bit quicker than standard.

Mines just a stock valver, and AFAIK is running fine. But i've have never had it checked out as its always pulled cleanly. That Fezza didn't look quite 'right' if you know what i mean? As though it was a look-a-like jobby. Whatever it was it still made me look crap!

My valver used to dust my mates Zetec S, he used to claim that he 'wasnt trying', so one day i asked him to try, he made up alot of excuses and got dusted again.

Even though people rave about the sound of the VR i think that my 1.8 valver engine makes a beautiful noise, i love it. Plus i've started giving it some beans round corners now that the rear caliper doesn't catch, and it dont half handle well!! There are corners i can take at 30 that i wouldnt take at 15 in my mum's focus, that has so much body roll its unreal. I had a new TT up my ass the other night, and there is a road with 3 small roundabouts near me, and the road sort of dips down into the round about then back up again as you leave. I left him for fun through them, he just couldnt (or maybe wouldnt) throw his car into them. And i have crap budget tyres too

The current shape Fiesta ST is pretty quick....2.0 Duratec, 150hp standard. You can get 250+hp from those with some trick headers, porting and cam work, standalone etc etc.

It's the one with the dodgy viper stripes over it.

The pre facelift Zetec S handles well, but not that quick. If your valver can't lose one of those, your engine has issues.

Having said that, I've seen folk drop 1.7 Puma VVT engines with some mods into those Fiestas and they shift.

The pre facelift Zetec S handles well, but not that quick. If your valver can't lose one of those, your engine has issues.

Having said that, I've seen folk drop 1.7 Puma VVT engines with some mods into those Fiestas and they shift.

Yep quite a lot of guys run puma engines actually, some even with the Ford Racing Puma engines in running 150bhp+. I was going to drop one in my old zetec-s but didnt see the point in spending all that money and only gaining a bit more power plus i wanted a corrado so i made a wise decision :lol:

The mk5 zetec's is a good car (i had one!) handled very well, looked pretty good, was good all round really but was very under powered at 106bhp compared to its rivals the chavvy Paxo VTS with 120bhp and the Pug 106GTI with 130bhp and not mentioning any Clios :wink:

It was probably an ST you were racing as they can be fairly useful as Kev mentioned.

The current shape Fiesta ST is pretty quick....2.0 Duratec, 150hp standard. You can get 250+hp from those with some trick headers, porting and cam work, standalone etc etc.

It's the one with the dodgy viper stripes over it.

Think a "stripe delete option" is available on this too.. Like all the Cossies had a "Tea-tray delete option"....Just no-one took it!

A few years ago when I had my Old Storm I was travelling down the M3 in Hampshire when I was well and truely beaten by a hand held Vascar Laser gun! :?

That Festa i tussled with was definitely not one of them new ST jobbies but was the shape just before the new style one was launched. I'm going for it having an engine swap because my engine is fine. Uses no oil or water, does not smoke and always pulls cleanly with no flat spots. It just didn't look like a genuine Zetec S to me, more like a kitted up lower model. Could have been a project of his with engine swap.

Really trying to convince myself here :lol: But on a better note, i was playing with an 06 plate Lancer 'Sport' on the M50 last week pulling off from the roundabouts, and am delighted to say it was even stevens!! I was giving mine the beans as was he up to 100 and there was nowt in it.....hurrah!

But then i no nothing about Lancer Sports, they could be running a 1.6 for all i know. I would like to think they're running a 2.0 though, ala Scooby Sports.

Nice one deviant :salute:

135 bhp and 130 torque in a nice new shiny car versus my 136 bhp, 119 torque, 127k and 17yr old C!!...I'm havin' that victory :lol: :lol:

Had an e30 3-series stuck to my rear bumper on the way home tonight, he dropped back through some bends but rapidly caught up again on the straights. Not sure exactly which one it was other that it sounded like a six cylinder, was lowered, had a bodykit and loudish exhaust (was RHD so not an M3).

New Clio sport, was on a crappy single lane road for 15 miles with the clio trying to drive up my exhaust :fist:

He had that silly glint in his eye when the dualled road appeared.

His stupid grin turned into a frown when i was pulling away :D

I was surprised that a corsa was keeping up with him, after proving my point at ludicrus speed i slowed down and he drove past still with foot on the gas. Just had to laugh as the corsa was trying to drive up his exhaust. That wasn;t a standard corsa. It had a dustbin exhaust and a paint job that looked like he done it in the dark with his girlfriend shouting directions.

All a bit silly, but the Rado still won

:)

My 1st post is not perhaps the most happy one.

Got outdone by a Focus ST on the A5 yesterday, wasn't much in it but he definitely had the better of me.

I take solace in the fact that I probably have a few 10k on him.

...and I'm a fat git.

Welcome aboard!

The ST is fresh off the press and an extremely capable and well rounded car, not to mention having a 2.5l turbo motor under the hood.

The fact there "wasn't much in it" is a good sign that the old Corrado VR isn't ready for the grave just yet.

Kev, i keep seeing the thread title "What's beaten you in your C...?" and then your username with it thinking you have posted that something has beaten you but every time you disappoint!! :lol: Hurry up and get beaten by something!! :lol:

Welcome aboard!

The ST is fresh off the press and an extremely capable and well rounded car, not to mention having a 2.5l turbo motor under the hood.

The fact there "wasn't much in it" is a good sign that the old Corrado VR isn't ready for the grave just yet.

...And as much as I like the Focus I'm sure we can all agree the Corrado is way cooler.

I'm just glad I had the foresight to check the Civil Service encampments before I left, otherwise we may have had a different tete-a-tete over who gets the top bunk.

This rather wet morning..pretty much everything with tread on it's driven tyres! Was getting spin into 2nd and it's only a 2.0/16v!!!!

I really need to replaced the almost Stirling Moss "Jupiters" and get some Toyo's sorted this weekend.. and it's pay day!

My mate's JDM (255bhp) Celica GT4, though I take solace in the fact that he only bought it to try and beat the VR, plus the fact that he's paying £700 for FOUR months third party insurance (I kid you not!)

My mate's JDM (255bhp) Celica GT4, though I take solace in the fact that he only bought it to try and beat the VR, plus the fact that he's paying £700 for FOUR months third party insurance (I kid you not!)

then its a small victory me thinks!?!!

A brand spanking TT, i kept gaining through corners, but every straight bit of road i was spanked, still i was chuffed with 13 year old standard 4-pot, as the handling was clearly better than the Audi. Time for some head work me thinks :?

That's a bold claim. The handling of your 4 pot rado was clearly better than a brand new TT? Really? I reckon maybe the bloke was a bit of a gaylord and didn't like corners. Those new TTs handle just fine.

:shock: :shock: jeeeezus!! How old is he.......12!!!!! I was only paying £575 for the year, fully comp with protected no claims on mine. Then thats what you get being a 33yr old(ie) :lol: