nemesis360

VR6 rebuild - Downpipe and exhaust tacked up

Blimey Graham, when you get the bit between your teeth you really go for it! Nice work.

Good to see all the underside bits getting the treatment, well worth the extra effort. Will look really clean underneath too.

The trouble with me is I look at stuff and think...while Im in there I might as well do that bit...and that bit...and that bit so I just thought sod it do the whole car :lol:

Can you make mine look nice and shiny like yours?... Looks fantastic, can't wait to see it in one piece! :norty:

Graham it looks like you've been really busy. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. What colour paint have you decided on?

Cheers Guys,

Graham it looks like you've been really busy. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. What colour paint have you decided on?

Hi mate hows things?

I was thinking of having a different colour under the bonnet, like nimbus grey, gloss black etc but decided to spray it the same as the body colour (Rover nightfire red) the mods will make it stand out enough anyway 8)

Just won some S3 calipers and carriers on the bay, 312mm on the front and some nice vented calipers for the little project in the pipe line for the rear brakes 8)

Had a delivery from VW today :D ...lots of new bits including...

Flywheel

Release bearing arm

Release bearing sleeve

Oil cooler

Crack pipe

Various hoses and seals

Thermostat housing and attaching parts

Water Pump

Various bolts

Etc

i think pleased is an understament mate, i can see what your gonna be eating your dinner off tonight.

very very very very very good job.

oh mate, it's looking awesome. Seeing you doing all this prep is making me think I'll have to revise my plans when I do mine...... don't want to be letting the rest of you VRT boys down!

Keep up with the pics, very cool. 8)

DONT DO IT! Dont get me wrong I love the way things are going with mine but...never again...and I mean NEVER AGAIN :cuckoo: :lol:

i know that feeling very well also mate

Thanks Tom :)

No worries. That is stunning. I wish I had a tenth of your ability...

enough of the self-deprecation tom, i fully expect a "monster corrado" to emerge from your shed one day that would put the golf here to shame.. :wink:

oh and graham, sooo jealous, would love a car as amazingly rejuvenated as yours, quality work and dedication.. :salute:

That is stunning. I wish I had a tenth of your ability...

:oops: Thanks for the kind words...the finish is only as good as the prep work, with all the grinding, welding, fillering etc Id hate to think how many hours have gone into it...I lost count at 150 :cuckoo:

oh and graham, sooo jealous, would love a car as amazingly rejuvenated as yours, quality work and dedication.. :salute:

Thanks, Im trying to make it as new as it can be really, Ive got no intention of ever selling it so I thought Id go the whole nine yards :D

I spent part of the weekend swapping a few parts over and putting the engine back in...heres some pics

Fitted:-

Eibach ARB's

ARB links

Vibratechnics Mounts

Recon rack

Track rod ends

New wishbones including R32 rear bushes

Ball joints

New steering UJ boot

New flywheel

Release bearing + sleeve + arm

Helix clutch