Sign in to follow this  
vwchick

Your first car ?

1.0 Mk1 Golf, X reg with 13 previous owners, a different coloured door, radio only, massive dents down the side (which I then added to after an argument with a fence) and she topped out at 60. Sweet motor.

Mine was an 86 MK2 1.1 Fiesta dressed up as an XR2 type thing, it ahd 80k on it when i got it and it was a bloody strong car, i had a Mk3 afterwards and it was gash!!!!

A 72 Granada 2.5 V6 auto (Sweeney Shape) which my dad had used as a taxi. It was thirsty and handled like a boat!

Ummm I'll be the first to open myself to ridicule then.

A brown 1.0l OHV Vauxhall nova

with gold 15" team dynamics monza's

What. was. I. thinking?

Oh Dear is all i can say to that

My second car was fab, she was an Opal Kadett 1.3sr,(astra) White wiv black arches and rubber spoiler (as standard)

I was a girl racer

She went like a little rocket, for me at that age was great, could bare to sell her so she fell to pieces in my dads yard, then was binned :(

Never seen one since

Then went back to Mini's for many years, some standard, some kitted up

A 72 Granada 2.5 V6 auto (Sweeney Shape) which my dad had used as a taxi. It was thirsty and handled like a boat!

:lol: Very funny Bill. I was waiting until someone said they had a Granny or a Sporty Corty :D

A silver 1983 Mini Mayfair, great little car!

Me too!! I had an 83 mini mayfair in dark blue. Every time i drove it in the rain, the drivers footwell used to fill up with water, so i ended up driving it with no carpets during the winter months. The subframe snapped on it aswell. I thought it looked cool as the real wheels had loads of camber. Wasn't until i looked underneath that i realised why :shock: I was running around for weeks like it. Yea it did crab all over the place, but all mini's did that :?

I still loved it to bits though, it was so much fun. I didn't experience the same level of enthusiasm until i got into the dub scene with my first Rado.

Yes.. pretty horrific isn't it.

Still I've had some nice cars since.

Highlights being a red mk1 MR2 tbar with full leather and in super red 2 (basically rosso corsa) with coilovers, split rims, janspeed manifold and exhaust, worked head etc etc.

The other being the mini below. Started as a basic mini italian job... was lovely till the tin worm set in.

Image034.jpg

Mine was a 1.0 Mk4 Polo, it was painfully slow with only 45bhp but still I managed to get over 100 out of it! :lol:

1st I owned was a (gulp) Renault 5 GTS, had it 3 years, and sold it before it really opened out my Wallet....

And Bought a bug and slid all the way down the slippery slope to here! :lol:

TBH The 5 was good fun, quite chuckable and nippy with a webber twin as stock on it!

Mine was a 1.1 Renault 5 something, 45 bhp - top whack was 105mph down the hill to J3 on the M40!

Loads of fun for a minute engine, understeered like mad but never dangerously once you knew to throw it in to the corner early enough :). Cost loads of money in ripoff repairs but sold it still hanging together at 145k miles!

all i can say to that is :shock: :shock: :shock: I hope you have some feline lives in reserve!

limited edition Pug 205 GTI in Miami Blue with full leather and i still miss it!!

Was like a go kart or even better a Mario Kart! (was just missing the button to make it hop as you went round corners!!)

Mine was a D reg mk2 fiesta in hearing aid beige. a mighty 957cc engine, 1 wing mirror as standard and it was in poor condition when i got it.

My mates dad gave it to me as my mate never passed his test and it was used to store his older sisters junk in while she was at uni. It hadnt been run for 4 years and was covered in moss! I picked it up on a trailer with my grandad on a new years day when it was snowing like crazy and spent ages defrsoting the exhaust in the garage.

It only had 34k on the clock, sold it for £100 aswell :)

Mine was a C-Reg Metro City X 998cc.....the hydroelastic suspension had gone right down on the front, and so it cornered really well. Total shed of a car though. It was metallic sky blue/rust coloured. Blew the head gasket, so took it apart and never put it back together :lol:

Mine was a MK1 Ashtray, in beige, with matching interior. What a heap.

The cheered myself up with a nippy 205 Lacoste twincarb, C Reg, half leather, electrics and a sunroof! Loved that motor till i wrapped it round a wall! :(

Mine was a MK1 Ashtray, in beige, with matching interior. What a heap.

The cheered myself up with a nippy 205 Lacoste twincarb, C Reg, half leather, electrics and a sunroof! Loved that motor till i wrapped it round a wall! :(

remember them coming out in the mid-80's.....Football Terrace Fashion and cars :lol: :lol: .......there was also a Fila edition Lancia Y10 IIRC

1st I owned was a (gulp) Renault 5 GTS, had it 3 years, and sold it before it really opened out my Wallet....

TBH The 5 was good fun, quite chuckable and nippy with a webber twin as stock on it!

Mine was a 1.1 Renault 5 something, 45 bhp - top whack was 105mph down the hill to J3 on the M40!

Pfft, my mates Metro 1.1 did 110mph.

But my god wasn't it scary :lol:

Pfft, my mates Metro 1.1 did 110mph.

But my god wasn't it scary :lol:

Ah the GTS did 115-120mph on the flat (the only time I found a flat bit long enough!) mind you I had to pull over and let it cool down afterwards ;) Yes very scary! Almost as scary as 100 in a split-screen!

1989 Toyota Corolla GL Executive 16v no less. I spent £450 on it then £300 the following year to get it through it's mot.... Had it for an age. Traded it in for 100 notes when I bought my next car, a mk3 Golf CL TDI. The first and least powerful of a long line of dubs. In fact my corolla is the only car I have ever owned that hasn't been a VW. I just can't picture myself with anything else.

1043cc mk2 polo c

me too except mine was a Twist. Not sure what that meant except for having a thin red stripe down the side.... It was dark grey and I loved it until I missed bumpers with the back end of a range rover and bent the bonnet somewhat. That was a good excuse to get my mkII rocco though, before I finally graduated to my VR :D

J reg Nissan Sunny 1.6 16v. Pretty nippy really. Bought off Mum and Dad, later sold it to my sister.

Then had a Mini City, which I wrote off :(

Since then I've had a couple of Civic VTIs and a couple of Corrados :lol:

1995 Fiat Punto 75SX 1.4L

Pillar Box Red, Electric Windows & Sunroof, Stereo controls on the steering wheel. Buzzy little engine, nippy, easy to wheelspin and started to shake at 85mph.

Drove into the back of an idiot who stopped dead on a wet road (suspected dodgy insurance claim) then moved onto Mk3 Golf GL 1.6L (about to be sold :( now I have my 1st Corrado :D )

Cheers

mine was this mini,when i bought her she had tiger skin furry seat covers and brown furry dash...NSU 911V,1100CC MINI CLUBMAN,a great car but had no floors,i pop riveted floor pans in to it and put silicon sealer in the joins,my first of 5 minis. thebitch.jpg

An E reg Mk2 Golf 1.8 GL 5-door 4+E in Champagne Gold, no less - E891 YHR IIRC...yes I am sad!! :D )

Bought it with 87K on the clock having paid 2.5K for it from a trader in Bristol. Did an honest 40K in it. It was a little ropey when I bought it - had been quite neglected - but was in great condition when I sold it. The brown velour interior was ace :lol: .

I had an accident in Brussels in it when I slid into the back of this Peugeot 205....completely totalled the Pug - bent the bonnet and front wings of the Golf but was quickly and properly repaired - brilliant!! :lol:

The next owner got a complete bargain when I sold it for only £400.

What it lacked i brakes, it made up for in character. I always regret selling it!

I had a mini, then a subaru estate and 2 pickups to hoon round the farm. Then when I got my license, I had a MK1 feista 1.1L, Good solid little car. Followed by the Maestro of love, then the valver...

I had a J reg 1.4 Renault Clio RT, it was such a heap when I'd finished with it I couldn't sell it so I gave it to my little brother-in-law as a project.